Windows 10: Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.

Discus and support Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason both Fast User Switching and the Lock Computer option disappeared from my computer today. I managed to re-enable Fast User Switching... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HaydenWRead, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.

For some reason both Fast User Switching and the Lock Computer option disappeared from my computer today.

I managed to re-enable Fast User Switching by altering the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\HideFastUserSwitching from 1 to 0

But I still can't get the Lock option back in the start menu or in the <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> screen.

<Windows>+L is also no longer working to lock the computer.

I have checked local GPO, and lock computer is not disabled by GPO.

I have tried creating the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableLockWorkstation and have tried having it set to both 0 and 1, with restarts after each change.

:)

HaydenWRead, Jul 3, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Wifi Option Disappearing on computer.

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below suggestion provided by Kiran Kishore replied on November 2, 2015 and check if it helps.

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared

You may refer to the below article “Connectivity” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/connectivity

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 3, 2019
  4. dccool879 Win User

Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.

Computer lock ups...

weird, i did what you said, and instead of locking up w/ the screen frozen and the sound clicking, it now would go black, or go black and reboot automatically. i found out a place that always makes my computer freeze, and that is refreshing the server list in battlefield 2

dccool879, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.

1. Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer. - Similar Threads - Lock Computer option

2. App Store has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Store has disappeared from my computer: My Microsoft Office and the App Store have disappeared from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-has-disappeared-from-my-computer/4fed3ce3-8704-4e08-877b-69d15973fd79
  3. App Store has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Store has disappeared from my computer: My Microsoft Office and the App Store have disappeared from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-has-disappeared-from-my-computer/4fed3ce3-8704-4e08-877b-69d15973fd79
  4. Computer disappearing from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer disappearing from network: My wife's computer, which is on my home network, keeps disappearing from the network. This happens every few days. I can fix it by going to services.msc and shutting down the function discovery provider host and resource publication and restarting them. But I can't work out...
  5. Bluetooth has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has disappeared from my computer: Today I successfully moved several small files from my Dell Inspiron 3793 laptop 5 months old to my smartphone using Bluetooth. I stepped away to make coffee and put some laundry in the washing machine, and when I came back I attempted to move several more small files from...
  6. Disappearing stuff from computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing stuff from computer: What the hell is happening, just opened the lap and tried to run games or apps but shortcuts seems missing. Steam is gone and my games from it is gone, what the hell windows? Why things are disappearing from my hard drive? Something is deleting them, googled and there are...
  7. Store disappeared from computer?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store disappeared from computer?!: I didn't uninstall store, because i know it is needed in later version on windows and i saw that on menu. Yet it is gone. I tried command to install it back: Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  8. Store disappeared from computer?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Store disappeared from computer?!: I didn't uninstall store, because i know it is needed in later version on windows and i saw that on menu. Yet it is gone. I tried command to install it back: Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  9. Bluetooth disappeared from computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared from computer: I recently purchased a Lonovo IdeaPad. I was using Bose Big Blue wireless headphones, that were at the time connected to the computer, while I was watching a movie. I used a pause button feature of the headphones to pause the movie on the computer while I left the room for a...
  10. No option to lock computer or change password

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to lock computer or change password: Hi! I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same cause. 1. I have no "lock" option. I can't select lock from the start menu, WIN+L and doing it via ctrl+alt+del doesn't work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disablelockworkstation rdp

2. lock computer disappear

3. lock computer disappeared