Windows 10: Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?

Discus and support Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win Ver. 1903 Is there any useful software to lock the desktop/environment without using Windows built-in lock screen? I ask because I already have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10isokayIguess, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?

Win Ver. 1903

Is there any useful software to lock the desktop/environment without using Windows built-in lock screen? I ask because I already have bit-locker enabled for my OS drive and my mass storage drives. I enter the bit-locker key on boot up and have auto-unlock for my mass storage drives.

I would just use the lock screen but I don't want to enter two passwords every time I boot my computer and I know how flimsy just using user account password is. I would like something to just quickly lock my desktop/environment and enter a short password/pin to quickly get back in when stepping away from my computer.

Thanks

:)

10isokayIguess, Nov 14, 2019

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 14, 2019
  3. dbzx12r Win User
    Lock Screen Not Locking

Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no security. Also, when the screen times out it wont lock when a key is pressed to turn it back on, rather it just goes straight back into the desktop. I've looked through all the setting regarding the lock screen and sleep settings and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

-Cheers

dbzx12r, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?

1. Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen? - Similar Threads - Lock desktop environment

2. How to lock my Desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock my Desktop screen: I see that there is a lock screen option, but unlocking again requires a new login using a NetID.Since locking the screen seems to amount to locking the entire machine against anyone that doesn’t know the NetID including me! and I don’t want to find myself unable to get back...
  3. How to lock my Desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock my Desktop screen: I see that there is a lock screen option, but unlocking again requires a new login using a NetID.Since locking the screen seems to amount to locking the entire machine against anyone that doesn’t know the NetID including me! and I don’t want to find myself unable to get back...
  4. Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.

Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.: I want keep random wallpaper just like windows lock screen wallpaper that changes automatically. Is there any way or feature of windows 10 to keep random wallpapers that updates automatically?...
  5. Locking the desktop

Locking the desktop: In Windows 10, is there a way to lock the positions of the icons on the desktop? It seems that certain small changes can scatter them all over, seemingly at random. It's a bother to manually reposition them all. I've made it a little easier to recover by taking a screen...
  6. locked desktop

locked desktop: I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game or do anything. I have to do the ctl-alt del and either select task master or just hit cancel and then I can begin using the...
  7. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  8. From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen: Originally I had this machine set up to go straight to the Desktop from Sleep with NO Lock Screen. One of the updates changed that last year and I've been trying to figure out where to reset it. That being said, what exactly does this "Lock" setting do? [img] As always, I...
  9. Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?

Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?: Hello everyone, My problem is that for my laptop's desktop I use the "Background Slideshow" option to cycle through my wallpapers every hour and I would really love it if my lock-screen used the same wallpapers as my desktop in a synchronized way. I have searched...
  10. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...