Windows 10: Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Can I lock my desktop icons in 20H2? Cheers, Rob 174033 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenrob2037, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2

Hi All,

Can I lock my desktop icons in 20H2?

Cheers,

Rob

:)

kenrob2037, Feb 10, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2

1. Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Lock desktop icons

2. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  3. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop lock icon on apps: I recently saw this icon overlaying several but not all apps on my desktop.What does it mean and how can I delete them?Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-lock-icon-on-apps/221a2d09-63a6-4501-9922-fc68f0138ec0
  4. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop lock icon on apps: I recently saw this icon overlaying several but not all apps on my desktop.What does it mean and how can I delete them?Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-lock-icon-on-apps/221a2d09-63a6-4501-9922-fc68f0138ec0
  5. desktop lock icon on apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets

Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets: After updating my desktop computer to 20H2, I notice my remote desktop that's how I usually control that computer from my laptop window to it will apply the lock screen after timeout, but remains blur with no authentication widgets. Effectively locking me out since there's...
  7. Desktop icon locking app

Desktop icon locking app: I am looking for a program that will lock my icons on the desktop positions I put them in and I read about a program calledDesklock but I can't find any place to get it. Is this program any good and where can I find it. IfDesklock is no longer available can anyone else...
  8. How to lock desktop icons?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to lock desktop icons?: I work in the educational institution and we have 30 computers in the network. I am trying to find a way to lock the icons on the desktops so that my students won’t be able to move them. I am aware of Auto Arrange and Align Icons to Grid but don’t think they are suitable for...
  9. lock windows 10 desktop icons in place

lock windows 10 desktop icons in place: lock windows 10 desktop icons in place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-windows-10-desktop-icons-in-place/07d31507-3d80-409a-a4fd-72062bb74176
  10. Lock desktop icons positions?

Lock desktop icons positions?: I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs? 86732