Windows 10: Lock down Windows 10 or Just get over it

Discus and support Lock down Windows 10 or Just get over it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Afternoon All, I'm a long term reader of Seven, Eight and Ten forums. First post so be gentle.*Smile I support a dozen or so family and friends PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechFan180, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Lock down Windows 10 or Just get over it

Afternoon All, I'm a long term reader of Seven, Eight and Ten forums. First post so be gentle.*Smile

I support a dozen or so family and friends PC's along with several of my own. Windows 10 has got me more perplexed than any other OS. I'm an early adopter of every version and lock them down as much as I can through Group Policy and vetting all the settings.

However I realise that I'm doing this for my family and friends too, without giving them the oppertunity to experience Windows 10 naturally for themselves.

Reading alot of tech magazines I have never came across an article where it can be proven that Windows 10 has ever used any data over the last three years for nefarious purposes. They are always on either side of the fence, Microsoft is evil or take of your tinfoil hat. This has left me in the middle chopping and changing OS's and not really enjoying computing at the moment.

I am at a point in 2019 where I think sod it let Windows 10 use the express settings and just move on enjoying all the cloud applications, cortana, timeline etc... rather than locking everything down. Surely if there were any truly terrible privacy and security invasions someone would have discovered them since 2015.

So I'm after a bit of advice, should I go with my gut and lack of evidence and trust Windows 10 to manage all our data safely.

Many Thanks

:)

TechFan180, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Lock down Windows 10 or Just get over it

Delta6326, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Lock down Windows 10 or Just get over it

1. Lock down Windows 10 or Just get over it - Similar Threads - Lock down

2. Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.: This keeps happening to me even after I reinstall Windows over and over again. The problem keeps coming back, and the support of Lenovo keeps telling me the same nonsense.The Windows 11 Lock Screen is coming down on the screen even in the middle of tapping and moving the...
  3. Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Lock Screen keeps coming down in the middle of the work and locking the PC.: This keeps happening to me even after I reinstall Windows over and over again. The problem keeps coming back, and the support of Lenovo keeps telling me the same nonsense.The Windows 11 Lock Screen is coming down on the screen even in the middle of tapping and moving the...
  4. Issues with touchscreen after downloading NAPLAN locked down browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with touchscreen after downloading NAPLAN locked down browser: I've just downloaded the Australian NAPLAN browser in preparation for the NAPLAN tests happening this year, but after trying to run and set up the software, I've noticed that I'm not able to use my touchscreen. While the browser was opening, it had network issues and wasn't...
  5. Issues with touchscreen after downloading NAPLAN locked down browser

Issues with touchscreen after downloading NAPLAN locked down browser: I've just downloaded the Australian NAPLAN browser in preparation for the NAPLAN tests happening this year, but after trying to run and set up the software, I've noticed that I'm not able to use my touchscreen. While the browser was opening, it had network issues and wasn't...
  6. Locking down window 10 or 11 for children

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking down window 10 or 11 for children: Hi, My wife runs a preschool that doesn't have internet access.The children's old XP machine has finally died so we are looking at replacing it. The old machine had software that locked the desktop so that only certain old 16 bit educational programmes could be used and there...
  7. Locking down window 10 or 11 for children

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locking down window 10 or 11 for children: Hi, My wife runs a preschool that doesn't have internet access.The children's old XP machine has finally died so we are looking at replacing it. The old machine had software that locked the desktop so that only certain old 16 bit educational programmes could be used and there...
  8. Locking down window 10 or 11 for children

9. Pressing Volume Down key F2 if Fn lock is enabled both reduces volume and acts as a C key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing Volume Down key F2 if Fn lock is enabled both reduces volume and acts as a C key...: Name ASUS Vivobook 15Laptop PC F1500EA-WB51Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.70 GB usable Device ID 45B12B90-2903-4AF5-8228-351C29F0B423 Product ID *****-*****-*****-***** System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  10. Pressing Volume Down key F2 if Fn lock is enabled both reduces volume and acts as a C key...

Pressing Volume Down key F2 if Fn lock is enabled both reduces volume and acts as a C key...: Name ASUS Vivobook 15Laptop PC F1500EA-WB51Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.70 GB usable Device ID 45B12B90-2903-4AF5-8228-351C29F0B423 Product ID *****-*****-*****-***** System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...