Windows 10: "Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...

Discus and support "Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, when I go to "Lock" my device, which was stolen, under the "Find my Device" option, I get the following error every time, no matter what I put... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by djw8v, Dec 8, 2021.

1. djw8v Win User

"Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...

Hello, when I go to "Lock" my device, which was stolen, under the "Find my Device" option, I get the following error every time, no matter what I put in the message field even if I put nothing..."Revise your lock message. This version contains words some people might find offensive."It seems like this is a glitch. Battery life shows 0%. I'm wondering if I'm getting this glitch/error because the laptop was wiped and it is not ale to be locked?Any information is helpful.Thank you.

:)

djw8v, Dec 8, 2021
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Rotation lock key is not functioning

Since the Rotation lock is still grayed out, our next step is to uninstall/Update your display driver. To uninstall your your drivers, you can do the following:

• Press the Windows and X key on your keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
    • On the Device Manager window, click on the Display adapter drop-down.
    • Right-click the driver and choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

If it is the same, update the said driver by following these steps:

• Go Back to the Display adapter drop down in Device Manager.
    • Locate your display adapter driver, right-click and choose
      Update Driver Software

We would also suggest that you go to your device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your device.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Jay Jap, Dec 8, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

"Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

1. "Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise... - Similar Threads - Lock function within

2. "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "We can't locate your device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "We can't locate your device...: "Lock" function and find function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "We can't locate your device right now, try again later" and We can’t lock your device right nowHello, when I go to "Lock" my device, which was stolen, under the "Find my...
  3. "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "We can't locate your device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "We can't locate your device...: "Lock" function and find function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "We can't locate your device right now, try again later" and We can’t lock your device right nowHello, when I go to "Lock" my device, which was stolen, under the "Find my...
  4. "Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...: Hello, when I go to "Lock" my device, which was stolen, under the "Find my Device" option, I get the following error every time, no matter what I put in the message field even if I put nothing..."Revise your lock message. This version contains words some people might find...
  5. "Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...

"Lock" function within "Find My Device" not working. Keep getting following error, "Revise...: Hello, when I go to "Lock" my device, which was stolen, under the "Find my Device" option, I get the following error every time, no matter what I put in the message field even if I put nothing..."Revise your lock message. This version contains words some people might find...
  6. Has the lock in find my device worked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  7. Has the lock in find my device worked?

Has the lock in find my device worked?: My laptop was taken few days ago, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and tried to lock my device. As I tried to lock it, there was a message saying they couldn't lock it at the moment, I suspected it was because it was at 0% battery. The next day I received an email...
  8. Has the lock in find my device worked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Find my device lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device lock: I recently used find my device to locate my laptop and locked it from my phone only to find out my girlfriend has it. How do i unlock it if she is out of town with the laptop?...
  10. Understanding "Find My Device" Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Understanding "Find My Device" Function: Hello, I have a question about understanding the "find my device" function on my surface 3 laptop. I was testing the "find my device" function and it seems like the function works when my laptop is plugged in and charging. The "find my device" function does not work when my...