Windows 10: Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I start my computer the login password repeats first keystroke until I strike another key. This only started after Windows upgrade. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielMatthews1966, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade

When I start my computer the login password repeats first keystroke until I strike another key. This only started after Windows upgrade. I have uninstalled the keyboard and turned off the repeat option.

Anyone know why or how to fix?

:)

DanielMatthews1966, Jul 25, 2020

2. Account automatically locks after login

So, here is the situation, Win10 boots up fine, after entering the username password, the account automatically locks itself taking me back to the login screen. Just for clarification, is NOT that the account is locked in the sense of failed passwords. The correct password is entered, it looks as if it will load the desktop, but then it takes me back to the login screen. It acts as if Win+L was type after entering the password or something like that because I can see "Locking" just before the login screen appears again.
    I have tried to boot into safe boot but the same thing happens there.
    I was able to create another account and that one logs in fine. I even removed the password of the first account, but same behavior. If I try enough times, I can vaguely see what looks like Edge has loaded with several tabs. So, there is something under the first account that forces a lock or something similar.

Has anyone experienced something like this? This is my in-laws laptop so, I cannot just reset it or create a replacement account because all their stuff is in that first account. Any suggestions?

Mexican712, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade

Unable to login laptop after upgrading to windows 10

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience and we will definitely help you to resolve your issue.

This issue might occur, if the language has been changed on the lock screen.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the
      lock screen.

• Select the English language and click
      Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps;

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password using On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade

1. Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Lock login repeating

2. Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke: My Microsoft Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke after idle for a few seconds? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-drops-first-keystroke/c33f9d5d-75bd-45e9-ba68-1270dcbbf2fd
  3. Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke: My Microsoft Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke after idle for a few seconds? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-drops-first-keystroke/c33f9d5d-75bd-45e9-ba68-1270dcbbf2fd
  4. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  5. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  6. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Password invalid after any first login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password invalid after any first login: One of our users, just one, got this issue:After logoff on a laptop this user cannot log in again on said same device. Error message: wrong username/password .Deleting the user profile in %users% from the device allows the user to log in once more.The userprofile is available...
  8. wireless-n repeater login/password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless-n repeater login/password: How can I reset the login/password to admin/admin? I must have changed it without remembering. I tried to reset to new network but got stuck on the admin/admin, any suggestions? Thanks Ric...
  9. How to disable login/lock screen on first startup or after restart ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable login/lock screen on first startup or after restart ?: I just want the login/lock screen to appear when I lock my windows (WinKey+L) or when i sleep my windows, not when my windows first startup or after restart. For your information I use local account and pin. 148749
  10. Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen: After installing Windows 10 - on the first login screen, when I enter my password pc is freezing up, after a few seconds it fades to black and then restarts. Cannot get past this part, anyone else have this issue? The PC I'm upgrading is a Dell Inspiron laptop upgrading...