Windows 10: lock/login screen issue

Discus and support lock/login screen issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though... i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by circe801, Nov 19, 2018.

1. circe801 Win User

lock/login screen issue

hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though...
    i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my computer.
    it always showed upon start/restart.
    all of a sudden--at first only from time to time, but recently, more frequent--a picture will come up instead of the one i set. it is in the same vein as the four stock MS images available in the personalization settings--but is not one of them. nor is it a photo from my computer.
    i am baffled. i have searched and searched and have not been able to find a similar issue described anywhere. as i said, MS was of no help--a 'moderator' who didn't have a very good grasp of english grammar proceeded to give me the instructions on how to personalize my lockscreen picture. DUHR. really sad, especially, since even the title of my post made it obvious that i had already done that. if i hadn't, i wouldn't be having this issue, right? sheesh.
    hoping someone here might be of some assistance.
    this is 64 bit build 1803.
    thank you!!

:)

circe801, Nov 19, 2018

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

lock/login screen issue [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 19, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 19, 2018
  4. lock/login screen issue

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

lock/login screen issue

1. lock/login screen issue - Similar Threads - lock login screen

2. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Lock Screen login: Windows 10: So I don't know what happened to my laptop I came home and opened it now when I try to type my lock screen password it won't let me write anything my laptop keyboard is automatically pressing "=" key it's not stopping how can I disable my laptop's keyboard please...
  3. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Lock Screen login: Windows 10: So I don't know what happened to my laptop I came home and opened it now when I try to type my lock screen password it won't let me write anything my laptop keyboard is automatically pressing "=" key it's not stopping how can I disable my laptop's keyboard please...
  4. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Duplicate login on Lock screen.

Duplicate login on Lock screen.: This has taken me months but I have finally got it ! After a w10 update I suddenly had 2 log in accounts,when trying to open my laptop with login disabled. both in my name changing name doesn't work, it just duplicates it! one with pic my real account the other had no pic...
  6. Locked login screen

Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  7. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  8. Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue: I have an issue where there is a huge delay between the lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and the login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the password). I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so...
  9. Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue: I have a issue where there is a huge delay between lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the password). I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so much time...
  10. login screen locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    login screen locks up: I tried to install Windows 10 fresh from a usb but it said my Windows 7 key didn't work and I never got a Windows 10 key so I'm not sure what to do, the upgrade install won't login. I enter password, then proceed but it locks up. if I click anywhere after a minute the screen...