Windows 10: Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image

Discus and support Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all - I got a Dell XPS 2-in-1 this past December because I changed jobs and I bought it specifically for my job. I say this because my previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ryan820, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image

Hello all -

I got a Dell XPS 2-in-1 this past December because I changed jobs and I bought it specifically for my job. I say this because my previous job I had a win 7 machine so I had zero win 10 experience until this computer and I used my iPad Pro for my personal device for years.

To my delight, the login screen would show a beautiful photo every time I went to log in and I could tell it if I liked the photo or not etc. This worked great until a week or so ago and it got stuck on the same photo and if I try to tell windows that I no longer like the photo, it freezes and gives me no way to login.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I did some searches on here but I wasn’t able to get past posts or I’m not using good search terms.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ryan820
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ryan820, Jan 29, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Jheuel Win User
    Submitting images to Spotlight Lock Screen Photos

WHO DOESN'T LOVE THE SPOTLIGHT LOCK SCREEN PHOTOS?

I am an avid nature lover and I have a travel bucket list. This list has grown as a result of seeing the photos on the Spotlight Lock Screen. I really appreciate the links they include to find out more about the location. It truly inspires me to want to
    visit these places one day.

I have the good fortune to live in a beautiful country with truly picturesque locations that many people do not know about. I have explored numerous parts of Trinidad's Northern Range and wish others could behold its beauty.

My question/thought/suggestion is:

• How do they choose those images?
    • How can someone submit/suggest images to be included and shared with the rest of the Windows community?
    We shouldn't be selfish and I wish more persons could experience and witness my twin-island home of Trinidad and Tobago. I, or anyone else should be able to share that through the Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Photos!

Jheuel, Jan 29, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image

1. Lock/Login Screen Photo - No Longer Refreshes with New Image - Similar Threads - Lock Login Screen

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.: I just got a PC running Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 so I updated it and then went and logged in with my password, it turned into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen. CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer...
  4. Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited: Back in 2018, user Alan Mick asked why his lock screen wouldn't "stick" as his login screen even though he had selected the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" setting as "ON". Well, I have one possible explanation and if that thread hadn't been...
  5. lock screen images

lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  6. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  7. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...
  8. Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen: When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and there is just a blue background. I also noticed that I don't have the 'Show Lock Screen background picture on Login Screen...
  9. Setting Lock Screen Image from Photo App

Setting Lock Screen Image from Photo App: I have been looking at the Lock Screen Background tutorial. I should be able to set the image from my Photo App however my Photo App doesn't look anything like the screen in the tutorial with no option to set as Lock Screen from the drop down menu or even a Draw facility icon...
  10. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425