Windows 10: Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password

Discus and support Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I lock the computer with WIN+L, most of the time I can press any key on the keyboard and it will bring up the password field. But sometimes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password

Whenever I lock the computer with WIN+L, most of the time I can press any key on the keyboard and it will bring up the password field. But sometimes, completely at random, it will ignore all keys and only bring up the password field if I press ctrl+alt+del. There's no pattern to it whatsoever, it seems to be completely random.

What causes this? It's been happening for years now and I can't figure out why. Google searching didn't yield anything either.

submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NostalgiaSchmaltz, Apr 26, 2022
  2. binderjdm Win User

Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password.

binderjdm, Apr 26, 2022
  3. SWBodager Win User
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock the computer. I have tried restarting, safe-mode, startup repair, different keyboards, and nothing works. This computer is on an AD domain so I can not disable ctrl-alt-del. Any help would be appreciated.

SWBodager, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Abreu10 Win User

Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password

App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

using Win10 education version
    when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes?

Abreu10, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password

1. Lock/login screen sometimes requires ctrl+alt+del to enter password - Similar Threads - Lock login screen

2. ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes: I noticed lately some of our machines, when they go to sleep hitting any key or ctrl+alt+del does not bring the login screen - it’s just flickers and goes away. Users have to reboot the machine which sucks. Anybody seen this issue before? submitted by /u/Poutcheki [link]...
  3. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  4. Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN: I have my Windows 10 Home machine set to prompt for a PIN to log in. Normally, I can just hit enter or any key to get it to prompt for the PIN, but after a few days maybe as much as a couple of weeks, it starts to require Ctrl+Alt+Del to get the prompt. It doesn't say "Press...
  5. Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN: I have my Windows 10 Home machine set to prompt for a PIN to log in. Normally, I can just hit enter or any key to get it to prompt for the PIN, but after a few days maybe as much as a couple of weeks, it starts to require Ctrl+Alt+Del to get the prompt. It doesn't say "Press...
  6. Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN

7. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  8. Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that: About 10-20% of the time when I turn on this system, the lock screen will just display nothing. I have Win10 Pro ver 2004. I remembered once that pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up the logon screen, which it does. However, I also use Winaero Tweaker, with which I disabled...
  9. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  10. ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required: Running Enterprise v. 1909 I enabled the login to requre "ctrl-alt-delete", and enabled "do not show last user" But once in a while when my computer boot up, it would go straight to the login promt and bypassing the "ctrl-alt-delete" requirement. Again, this happens once a...