Windows 10: Lock my laptop, Please!

Discus and support Lock my laptop, Please! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am the owner of this laptop and I sign on automatically. The Administrator also has that option. I am also the Administrator and the only person... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyceDeering, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Lock my laptop, Please!

I am the owner of this laptop and I sign on automatically. The Administrator also has that option. I am also the Administrator and the only person who uses this laptop. Somehow, I set it up to sign on simply by turning my laptop on. It shows my name (not the Admin, which shows" my Name and Administrator" together). It looks like this when I first turn it on it looks like this:

MY NAME

--------------- blank space for password

Down in the bottom left corner you see this:

Administrator( followed by) MY NAME

I guess that designates me as a different person? … Kind of but not really? <smile> Confused? I sure am.

I now wish to LOCK it by requiring a Password or Pin number because all of my financial (and favorite) sites have saved passwords and I find that convenient. I don't want to have to enter my User Name and Password every five minutes as I skip through this wonderous thing called the Internet. I am running Windows 10 but I use Google Chrome to get me where I'm going. I got too frustrated with Edge when the pages would slide off to the left and were a constant aggravation. I never did find out how to remedy that problem.

Now...I simply want to set up my laptop so that if it were ever "stolen" someone wouldn't have access to all I hold dear...Re: my money or anything else I have on this horribly addicting device. Can you tell me, in the SIMPLEST OF TERMS how to end this "automatic sign on"?

I simply want to turn this thing on, see my identity listed, enter my "cool secret code" <LOL>, THEN, and ONLY then, see all the usual stuff.

Thanks so much in advance~JAD

:)

JoyceDeering, Apr 15, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 15, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Lock my laptop, Please!

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Lock my laptop, Please!

1. Lock my laptop, Please! - Similar Threads - Lock laptop Please

2. Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker: Please help me ! I forgot my password laptop with disk locked BitlockerThanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-forgot-my-password-laptop-with-disk/7c7710a4-1ebd-4fe8-8d4e-84b6e613098c
  3. Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help ! i forgot my password laptop with disk locked Bitlocker: Please help me ! I forgot my password laptop with disk locked BitlockerThanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-forgot-my-password-laptop-with-disk/7c7710a4-1ebd-4fe8-8d4e-84b6e613098c
  4. I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.: My laptop ran out of charge. When I started it again it no longer had face recognition and stated my PIN was no longer available due to a charge in security settings.I had to create a Microsoft account to continue and set up a new pin. I followed instructions on screen, added...
  5. I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.

I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.: My laptop ran out of charge. When I started it again it no longer had face recognition and stated my PIN was no longer available due to a charge in security settings.I had to create a Microsoft account to continue and set up a new pin. I followed instructions on screen, added...
  6. I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. i locked my laptop from find my device , please tell how to unlock my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i locked my laptop from find my device , please tell how to unlock my laptop: I locked my laptop from find my device , please tell how to unlock my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-locked-my-laptop-from-find-my-device-please-tell/09a002d5-6472-44b7-9c26-3b9d8c5c68c0
  8. i locked my laptop from find my device , please tell how to unlock my laptop

i locked my laptop from find my device , please tell how to unlock my laptop: I locked my laptop from find my device , please tell how to unlock my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-locked-my-laptop-from-find-my-device-please-tell/09a002d5-6472-44b7-9c26-3b9d8c5c68c0
  9. Please advise as to how to unlock my laptop you locked up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please advise as to how to unlock my laptop you locked up for no reason.: Please advise as to how to unlock my laptop you locked up for no reason.Some time ago Microsoft locked up my 13 year old Dell laptop when I powered it up to catch up on maintenance. I recall opening a ticket and they could offer no explanation as to why it was done. What I...
  10. Locking of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locking of my laptop: I have a DELL G3 3500 laptop. The issue with the laptop is that the laptop gets locked by itself while I'm gaming and it's so annoying. When I tried to support the technical support they say that it is windows bug and i am not getting help. It is so annoying when you're...