Windows 10: "Lock" option missing on one computer

Discus and support "Lock" option missing on one computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've recently had to use Remote Desktop to access two of my computers. I typically end the sessions with Sleep (if I've got nothing running) or Lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Sep 8, 2019.

1. "Lock" option missing on one computer

I've recently had to use Remote Desktop to access two of my computers. I typically end the sessions with Sleep (if I've got nothing running) or Lock (if I've got something running under my id). Suddenly Lock is no longer available on one of the computers. I've checked to make sure the Disable Lock group policy somehow got set. It was not set.

Any idea what might have happened and how I can fix it??

Is there any problem just disconnecting the Remote Desktop connection instead of doing a Lock?

:)

pokeefe0001, Sep 8, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 8, 2019
  4. "Lock" option missing on one computer

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

"Lock" option missing on one computer

1. "Lock" option missing on one computer - Similar Threads - Lock option missing

2. Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.: I'm dealing with an Asus laptop that when starting, Windows 11 asks for a PIN to sign on. When entering PIN, Windows says it is incorrect, and try again. The owner of the laptop made so many attempts that we now have to wait two hours with the computer powered up to try...
  3. Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Computer-PIN not accepted. No options.: I'm dealing with an Asus laptop that when starting, Windows 11 asks for a PIN to sign on. When entering PIN, Windows says it is incorrect, and try again. The owner of the laptop made so many attempts that we now have to wait two hours with the computer powered up to try...
  4. Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Computer option has disappeared from computer.: For some reason both Fast User Switching and the Lock Computer option disappeared from my computer today. I managed to re-enable Fast User Switching by altering the registry key...
  5. Missing Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Options: I recently recovered my PC and wiped everything, now I'm trying to change my power plan and found that the only one is balanced. Before I wiped my PC I had Power Saver and High Performance. Those are now missing and it doesn't even display the "show additional options"...
  6. Pin option missing from lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin option missing from lock screen: A few days ago when booting up my laptop I lost the option to login using my pin. I've tried resetting this in account settings but when I try to add a new pin it has me login with my password and old pin, then stops running the process. If I click the "forgot pin" option the...
  7. No 'Lock' option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 'Lock' option?: Hey, I am going to start locking my PC instead of hibernating or switching my pc if I'm only leaving it to stand by for an hour or two (or less) however on my power options from start there is no option to lock it, I have attached the image of what I am presented with, any...
  8. Lock Computer Option via Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Computer Option via Power button: Hello, I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button from the Start menu (it's not there). In all of my previous versions of Windows, there was always an option among all the...
  9. No option to lock computer or change password

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to lock computer or change password: Hi! I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same cause. 1. I have no "lock" option. I can't select lock from the start menu, WIN+L and doing it via ctrl+alt+del doesn't work...
  10. Computer seems restarting at lock option

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer seems restarting at lock option: my laptop sometime "restarts" when i lock it. basically sometimes when i will leave my room even just for a couple of minutes i will lock it using "acer power button" then when i came back i'll just input my password again then i'm back to normal. but sometimes my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock option missing windows