Windows 10: Lock or Unlock Taskbar

Discus and support Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows - 10 -- What are the consequences of locking or unlocking the taskbar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fredrick B. Gruver, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lock or Unlock Taskbar

Windows - 10 -- What are the consequences of locking or unlocking the taskbar?

:)

Fredrick B. Gruver, Dec 5, 2018

2. Taskbar will not STAY resized, locked or unlocked

hi, this occurs on my 4 windows 10 machines after I installed the creators update. All of my PCs have the latest version. It occurs after a restart and after a shutdown even if the taskbar is locked or unlocked. I have locked the taskbar from the settings
    menu and by right clicking the task bar. Windows Version 1703, build 15063.483.

any suggestions?

Thank you

Ken

KenGribble, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Lock or Unlock Taskbar

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Lock or Unlock Taskbar

1. Lock or Unlock Taskbar - Similar Threads - Lock Unlock Taskbar

2. Unlocked Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlocked Taskbar?: Using Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hello, I want to unlock my taskbar from the bottom and move it to the left of my screen, but I cannot do that anymore. I attempted to use a third party patch for Explorer Explorer Patcher, but that only works to move my taskbar...
  3. Unlocked Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlocked Taskbar?: Using Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hello, I want to unlock my taskbar from the bottom and move it to the left of my screen, but I cannot do that anymore. I attempted to use a third party patch for Explorer Explorer Patcher, but that only works to move my taskbar...
  4. unlock and move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock and move the taskbar: is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar/735ee1c1-fedc-4899-b2f2-24286e0be5d8
  5. unlock and move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock and move the taskbar: is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar/735ee1c1-fedc-4899-b2f2-24286e0be5d8
  6. Locked account and unlocking it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked account and unlocking it: I was wondering that if you guys can unlock my account and can you send an email to me so that i can unlock it because i didnt do anything at all but it says that i did something wrong for it to lock but please either send me an email to verify my account unlockage the...
  7. screen lock unlocking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen lock unlocking: hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me unlock a oppo a73 screen lock please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-unlocking/cebbeb6c-5f9b-41f6-b426-22b8cc497235
  8. Lock and unlock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lock and unlock screen: What is the real purpose of locking and unlocking the screen different also metro more difficult to get around? Awesome the person before me wanted to know back grammar correction spelling tell him to go to Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant https://www.grammarly.com...
  9. Lock/Unlock Taskbar Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock/Unlock Taskbar Not Working: Recently, I noticed that my taskbar has not been working the same. Firstly, if I fullscreen an app, the task bar at the bottom will still overlap the app itself, despite being unlocked. Previously, it automatically disappeared unless I moved my cursor to the bottom, then it...
  10. Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Lock or Unlock the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and...