Windows 10: Lock recording and playback settings?

Discus and support Lock recording and playback settings? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seems to me that in the past, maybe XP, I could either lock the playback/recording settings or perhaps it was a 2nd party program that set them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DogT, Mar 6, 2020.

1. DogT Win User

Lock recording and playback settings?

Seems to me that in the past, maybe XP, I could either lock the playback/recording settings or perhaps it was a 2nd party program that set them to predefined levels. I haven't seen anything for w10 that does that. I have a program that dictates specific levels for use. Any help here?
    ver 1909

:)

DogT, Mar 6, 2020
  2. ericnixmd Win User

App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences

I was able to get this to work with my Philips SpeechMike. In order to do so, I had to right click on the speaker icon, choose sounds, then recording, then double clicked the microphone icon. Under listen, I chose the microphone under playback through this device.

A little trial and error but was able to figure it out. If anyone else is trying to get something similar to occur, you may have to follow the above steps.

ericnixmd, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Lock recording and playback settings?

Frequent switching of playback and recording devices

Windows 10 user for a bit and have been seeing this as an 'issue' for quite a few versions of Windows.

I have x3 recording and x2-3 playback devices installed.

Recording

• Logitech Webcam (USB)
    • Plantronics Headset (USB)
    • Blue Yeti Pro (USB)
    Playback

• Bose Speakers (Speaker port on Dell touchscreen)
    • Plantronics Headset (USB)
    • Earbuds (headphones port - not always plugged in)
    Most are hardwired and one has a Bluetooth connection capability (Plantronics). I find myself often switching from one device to another, depending on the situation - recording, listening to music, taking a phone call, etc.

The current switching process is a bit cumbersome - right click the speaker in the taskbar, select playback or recording device and then picking whichever device. I find myself going thru this process x2-5 a day given whatever I am doing

It would seem to me that an app or icon / button selector would be ideal. Anyone aware of an app or device that might accommodate my need?

StevenGroves, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Lock recording and playback settings?

1. Lock recording and playback settings? - Similar Threads - Lock recording playback

2. Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback: Hi.To help our software partners debug a problem I have used the Windows 10 Accessories Step Recorder to record a process. When I have attempted to view the file created it opens in Edge but none of the screen shots are displayed and the functionality links next / back etc....
  3. Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback: Hi.To help our software partners debug a problem I have used the Windows 10 Accessories Step Recorder to record a process. When I have attempted to view the file created it opens in Edge but none of the screen shots are displayed and the functionality links next / back etc....
  4. Voice Recorder playback problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recorder playback problem: I made a long recording over an hour on Voice Recorder, but when I go to play it back, it stops after about 5 minutes, and goes back to 0.00. If I try to start the recording after that 5 minute stopping point, nothing happens, except that it flips back to 0:00 after a couple...
  5. Voice Recorder playback problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Recorder playback problem: I made a long recording over an hour on Voice Recorder, but when I go to play it back, it stops after about 5 minutes, and goes back to 0.00. If I try to start the recording after that 5 minute stopping point, nothing happens, except that it flips back to 0:00 after a couple...
  6. Voice Recorder playback problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen Recording Affecting Colour On Playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Recording Affecting Colour On Playback: Hello, I use the built in screen recorder for gameplay on windows 10, but when I rewatch the video all of the colours seem to be very bright please help?...
  8. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...
  9. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  10. App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences: 1803 brought a new feature in the sound settings... Apparently you can select preferred playback and recording devices based on apps. I use Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition with a Philips SpeechMike to dictate charts at the hospital. I set Dragon and the Philips...