Windows 10: Lock Screen Actions

Discus and support Lock Screen Actions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Thank you in advance for your help. I use 'Windows Spotlight' for my Lock Screen. After that screen sits for a bit (never timed it), the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidgsmith, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Lock Screen Actions

Hi Everyone,
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    I use 'Windows Spotlight' for my Lock Screen. After that screen sits for a bit (never timed it), the time and date disappear and about 3 icons appear on the screen. One gives the location of the beautiful picture and one is for sharing I think.
    My question is: Is there a keystroke combination to make the Lock Screen change instead of waiting for it to?
    Thanks in advance *Smile
    Dave

:)

davidgsmith, Dec 18, 2018

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Lock Screen Actions

Find my Device / Action Center

Hi,

We suggest that you turn off notifications from apps and other senders or disable the option to show notifications on the lock screen by following the steps below:

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Notifications & actions on the left side, turn off
      Get notifications from apps and other senders
      or turn off Show notifications on the lock screen.
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen Actions

1. Lock Screen Actions - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Actions

2. Windows device Lock action doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows device Lock action doesnt work: I would like to use functionality for lock my Microsoft device with windows 10. test case:- login and navigation to the device list on https://account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device?refd=account.microsoft.com- click on Lock buttonBrowser sent message through API...
  3. Windows device Lock action doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows device Lock action doesnt work: I would like to use functionality for lock my Microsoft device with windows 10. test case:- login and navigation to the device list on https://account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device?refd=account.microsoft.com- click on Lock buttonBrowser sent message through API...
  4. Action Keys - Disable FN Lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Keys - Disable FN Lock: Good Day,I need help with deactivating the FN lock on my laptop, Windows 11. I want my "F1 to F12" to be a one touch button rather than a 2 step process of Press "FN" then "F1"I tried going to BIOS but I cannot find the setting where this removes it...
  5. Action Keys - Disable FN Lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Keys - Disable FN Lock: Good Day,I need help with deactivating the FN lock on my laptop, Windows 11. I want my "F1 to F12" to be a one touch button rather than a 2 step process of Press "FN" then "F1"I tried going to BIOS but I cannot find the setting where this removes it...
  6. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  7. flickering of screen & freezing action

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering of screen & freezing action: Surface 4 pro start flickering after use of say one hr & touch / KB does not work thereafter. Hence bound to power off direct. it is just 1.5 yr old....
  8. Adding "Project" (to a second screen) to Action Center Quick Actions

Adding "Project" (to a second screen) to Action Center Quick Actions: Greetings All, I have two questions and hope experts on the Forum are able to help resolving them. 1) Is there a way to add "Project" (to a second screen) to the Action Center Quick Actions at the bottom of the notification panel. Accidentally, I had deleted this and...
  9. Sound and screen saver actions

Sound and screen saver actions: *Cool When I change my desktop theme, it also changes sound and screen saver actions.. I'm looking for the setting to stop this from happening, does anyone know where it is ? I know it's in there somewhere, I ran acrposs it one time but don;t know where it was. 47663
  10. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...