Windows 10: Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in

Discus and support Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I randomly got this issue after completely reinstalling Windows on my main laptop, as I didn't see anything similar on the rest of my devices before... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by uEFImaster, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in

I randomly got this issue after completely reinstalling Windows on my main laptop, as I didn't see anything similar on the rest of my devices before then.

When I'm not signed in, the lock screen works just fine.

But when I'm signed in, or when it signs myself in after a reboot, the "cover" where the date, time and notifications are usually shown won't appear. Instead it will always show the "authencation screen" where you select your account and enter your password/PIN.

I did run "sfc /scannow" but it said no integrity violations. I also checked my Winaero Tweaks and the "Disable Lockscreen" tweak is disabled as well. Any solutions please?

I haven't try the Ctrl+Alt+Del to sign in yet. I doubt it would work, but I won't use it.

:)

uEFImaster, Jul 6, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in

Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in

1. Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in - Similar Threads - Lock screen always

2. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  3. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  4. always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen

always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen: always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen windows 10. it was happened next day after update kb5004945. even I reinstalled windows 10, it is stall same problem. I set every power plan to "never" never stop....
  5. always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen: always return to sign-in screen after sign in on sign-screen windows 10. it was happened next day after update kb5004945. even I reinstalled windows 10, it is stall same problem. I set every power plan to "never" never stop....
  6. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  7. Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.: This has happened since update of Windows 10 back in October 2019. I don't like it would like a clear picture. Can this be corrected ? I am sure I am not the only one that does not find it acceptable. Await an answer....
  8. Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly

Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken...
  9. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  10. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...