Windows 10: Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Discus and support Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ArxSebastian铁锈, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Hi,

I will try to explain the problem precisely

I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to "Picture" and the Preview shows my chosen background/wallpaper, but when I start my PC the next day I don't see my chosen pic but instead it shows a mountainous background and not the meme i chosen to be my lock-screen and log-in screen, it's not a big problem but I want to fix it.

Also I do not have Windows Spotlight enabled (currently) but I did once and I think it caused this problem.

:)

ArxSebastian铁锈, Jan 18, 2019

2. Changing the background scene on the sign-in screen

Hi,

Windows 10 lets you use the lock screen picture as the background picture of the sign-in screen. For you to change the picture on your sign-in screen, you need to change your
    Lock screen picture first, see steps below:

• Go to the Settings, then Personalization.
    • Under Background section, click on the drop down and choose
      Picture
    • Select Lock screen, under Choose your picture section, click on
      Browse and select your desired picture.
    • Make sure to turn on the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 18, 2019
  3. How to change sign-in screen (NOT lock screen) background?

Yes you can change the sign-in screen background.

Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10.

Follow these simple steps below together with these screenshots

from this guide

Step 1: Head over to your Settings and then
    Personalization.

Step 2: Once you’re here select the Lock screen tab and enable the
    Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

If you want to change the background of your sign in screen then you can do that.

All you have to is just:

Step 1: Do you see that Windows Spotlight option? Yeah that gives you all the spectacular background images from various beautiful places in the world.

You can also select Picture or Slideshow if you want your own family photos, or pictures that you simply want to cherish each day by using it as your background on your Windows 10.

Do note that the image that you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and your sign in background.

If you instead want to go with a flat color rather than a background image itself then follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go ahead and disable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen.

Step 2: Once you have done that, head over to your Settings, then
    Personalization, and then finally Colors.

You can try and experiment with these three options and see what you like. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing :)

Let me know how it goes.

Source: 2 Simple Steps to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 - Saint

jakekovoor, Jan 18, 2019
  4. dacrone Win User

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

1. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Sign

2. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  3. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  4. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  6. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  7. Changing Lock Screen Background

8. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  9. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  10. Changing the lock screen background

Changing the lock screen background: I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to change the lock screen but the box to choose an image is greyed out and I have a red message saying 'some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.' This is weird as this is my personal...