Windows 10: Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers

Discus and support Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Laptop with windows 10 version 1909 has issues when the computer was starting. I scanned my finger with the fingerprint scanner, but now it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by milenapetrovic1, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers

Laptop with windows 10 version 1909 has issues when the computer was starting. I scanned my finger with the fingerprint scanner, but now it doesn't work

:)

milenapetrovic1, Jan 22, 2020

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 22, 2020
  4. billyboi Win User

Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers

Touch screen unresponsive after driver update

Dell SX2210T Flat panel touchscreen monitor unresponsive to touch after Automatic update of "NextWindow driver update for NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen" in Windows 10.10240 and Tech preview 10.10525.

This is the wrong driver for this touchscreen but I am unable to find a means of uninstalling it.

It is not listed in the list of installed updates.

The correct driver is shown in Device manager for the screen.

Any suggestions please?

billyboi, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers

1. Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers - Similar Threads - Lock screen updates

2. Lock screen background update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen background update: Running win 10 home 22h2, updated thru the aug 23 patches.Until the latest win 10 patch updates, the lock screen background image, normally set for windows spotlight, and those images clearly were downloaded and changed every few days. The alternatives for local picture and...
  3. Lock screen background update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background update: Running win 10 home 22h2, updated thru the aug 23 patches.Until the latest win 10 patch updates, the lock screen background image, normally set for windows spotlight, and those images clearly were downloaded and changed every few days. The alternatives for local picture and...
  4. Lock screen background update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driver updater bluescreen locked me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver updater bluescreen locked me: I decided it was abt time to update my drivers and i regret it, alot. i downloaded winzip driver updater and used the free version to update everything and when i restarted i got blue screened. i turned off my pc unplugged my second drive (which i always do when i need to...
  6. Updates while on lock screen ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates while on lock screen ?: Hi All Does anyone know if Windows 10 Updates happen if a PC is just switched on and left on the lock screen ? If I switch on a colleagues laptop but do not login will it still download/install updates ? Thanks...
  7. Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!: I have been checking the support website for my Dell XPS8920 for an updated Realtek Audio Driver. The file offered for download as having been updated 31 Jan 2019 is the same file size, file name, version number and even has the same identical SHA-256 checksum as the driver...
  8. Dell touch screen driver failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell touch screen driver failure: The touch screen on my Dell with Windows 10OS has stopped working. How do I correct the driver with windows help . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-touch-screen-driver-failure/c515eb57-2c69-4afd-b43b-1a553835324e
  9. Intel driver updates make my dell screen go blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel driver updates make my dell screen go blank: Every few days windows10 updates my intel video driver to a new version which does not work on my Dell Inspiron desktop PC So I have to reinstall an old version which does. How do I stop this happening. I have uninstalled both the Dell and Intel update apps and set my Device...
  10. Microsoft update screen locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update screen locked: Clicked to update Microsoft. Have gotten to a page 'do more with your voice' the screen has a blue background. Cursor on laptop has disappeared, have attached a mouse, but cannot move on. Have removed battery, tried control, alt, delete, then task manager, but takes me back...