Windows 10: Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

Discus and support Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue. I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mynameiseliot, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue.

I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I actually get to the lock screen after having set the apps to appear, there is nothing but the time and date and WiFi in bottom-right corner.

Could this be because I am logging in locally rather than using a MS account?

:)

mynameiseliot, Aug 4, 2015

2. Trekstor WinPhone lock screen

The lock screen showed bing. Then I downloaded a weather app. The weather showed up on the lock screen. I want to reset the lock screen to bing, but I can't get bing back.

ChristinaPappis, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Lock screen Apps don't seem to work

So in lock screen customization options I add a bunch of apps but none of them show up on my lock screen. What might be wrong?

QuestionAskerOM, Aug 4, 2015
  4. NaySayer Win User

Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

I'm having exactly the same issue, and I log in using a Microsoft account.

- CMW

NaySayer, Aug 25, 2015
  5. I think I might have figured it out...

I found that if the computer is actually locked (as in lock screen...) once it has been logged on to, THEN the little widget things appear. I was looking at the screen that appears when the computer is initially turned on.

mynameiseliot, Aug 25, 2015
  6. Correct - since the widgets are customisable per user profile

garydexter, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Hi,

I have weather set as detailed app on lockscreen as well as mail/calendar as quick status. If I lock the screen after setting them up, the details show but after a reboot and logging back in, they do not re-appear. The first time I tried this, the selections were not saved and reselecting them and locking the screen showed them.

Now, however, the selections remain as I chose but a reboot then lock shows nothing,

WastedJoker, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

Well it seems to be working now despite me not doing anything to fix it - I think the apps don't show on lock screen until a little while after you've logged in.

WastedJoker, Sep 6, 2015
  9. I cannot get any app to show in my lock screen build 15063.296. I have tried an in place upgrade repair and other things but nothing I do changes anything.

Josey Wales, May 12, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Josey, *Smile

They won't show on the lock screen at startup when there are no users currently signed in.

Are you locking (Win+L) the computer while still signed in to Windows 10?

Brink, May 12, 2017
  11. Yes and it used to show when I awoke it from sleep.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Usually the apps you set to show on the lock screen won't actually show unless there's a notification from the app. For example, new email for Mail app.

Could this be the case for you?

As a test, does the Weather app show if set to show with detailed status?

Brink, May 12, 2017
  13. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

It is just not the weather app it is any app.

14. This is just a minor issue but it did work at one time after the latest update as well.

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. It was a test to see if it may have worked with the Weather app since it will always show using "detailed status" if the Weather app has been previously opened and setup for your location.

If it did, then we would know that it may be an issue with the other apps, or no new notification to show yet.

Are you having any issues with opening these apps?

Brink, May 12, 2017
Thema:

Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

1. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen - Similar Threads - Lock screen apps

2. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  3. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  4. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Language bar showing up on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar showing up on lock screen: Hey there,I work with more than one language on my Windows 11 Home machine, and have had the issue of this draggable language bar popping up after a few seconds next to the password text box on the lock screen pic related. I have tried the following solutions:Right-clicking...
  6. On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen: The On-Screen Keyboard keeps showing up on the lock screen when I hit space or any other key for that matter by default. For example:1. I put the computer to sleep2. I hit space to wake the computer3. The lock screen showing the time shows up, all is normal.4. I hate space...
  7. On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen

On-Screen Keyboard Showing Up On Lock Screen: The On-Screen Keyboard keeps showing up on the lock screen when I hit space or any other key for that matter by default. For example:1. I put the computer to sleep2. I hit space to wake the computer3. The lock screen showing the time shows up, all is normal.4. I hate space...
  8. Apps not showing status on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not showing status on Lock Screen: Today, for the first time, the MSN Weather App is not now showing on the Lock Screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App. I have also tried the Windows Store App Troubleshooter, the DISM tool and scannow. The problem occurs if I select Spotlight or Picture for...
  9. None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!: Hi everybody, I was just checking out the features of windows 10 when i came across the apps-on-the-lock screen feature (in Personalization settings). I tried setting up weather app, calendar and alarm app but NONE of them are showing up on the Lockscreen. Is it because...
  10. Apps not showing on lock screen

Apps not showing on lock screen: When I go to my lock screen (win key and L), I don't have any apps. I selected Favebook and weather but nothing shows. I downloaded an app called Chameleon but that doesn't do anything. I have Win10 home, Gateway, 6gb ram, intel i3 3.3 ghz. 13049