Windows 10: Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

Discus and support Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Lock Screen Background Setting is Automatically Changed from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture". And the same picture keeps appearing first in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MishaC99, May 25, 2022.

1. MishaC99 Win User

Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

My Lock Screen Background Setting is Automatically Changed from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture". And the same picture keeps appearing first in the list of pictures. And the picture shown is a picture of a celebrity that I did not download or recall ever seeing as I do not follow this particular person. It's random and very strange. It happened on my last computer and now its happening on my brand new computer less than 6months old. I have Norton Anti-Virus installed and run internet file clean ups regularly, and ran another sweep 2 days ago when this first happened on my new computer. I

:)

MishaC99, May 25, 2022

2. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random... :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, May 25, 2022
  3. Lock screen stuck on picture. I chose the Windows Spotlight option.

Try these steps:

• In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background to Picture.
    • Delete everything from folder

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<somecharacters>\Settings
    • In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background back to Windows Spotlight

293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, May 25, 2022
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random... - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Background

2. my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture: I already change it to picture but every time I restart, it always show windows spotlight image. I thought Windows automatically change my lock screen setting to windows spotlight but every time I check, it still show the same setting like above. I try so many solution but...
  3. my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my lock screen show windows spotlight picture even though i change it to picture: I already change it to picture but every time I restart, it always show windows spotlight image. I thought Windows automatically change my lock screen setting to windows spotlight but every time I check, it still show the same setting like above. I try so many solution but...
  4. Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...: My Lock Screen Background Setting is Automatically Changed from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture". And the same picture keeps appearing first in the list of pictures. And the picture shown is a picture of a celebrity that I did not download or recall ever seeing as I do not...
  5. Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...: My Lock Screen Background Setting is Automatically Changed from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture". And the same picture keeps appearing first in the list of pictures. And the picture shown is a picture of a celebrity that I did not download or recall ever seeing as I do not...
  6. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  7. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  8. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. Since last week, my Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. I follow the instruction at https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reset-and-re-register-windows-spotlight-in-windows-10.9390/ but it does not work....
  9. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  10. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326