Windows 10: Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

Discus and support Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This happens when my computer wakes up from hibernation and I have to force a shutdown by holding the power off button which I don't like doing because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diego Q., Sep 19, 2022.

1. Diego Q. Win User

Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

This happens when my computer wakes up from hibernation and I have to force a shutdown by holding the power off button which I don't like doing because I feel it damages the computer and also it's inconvenient cause I don't have my computer how I left it off. I could wait for 15 mins and it just is stuck with the lock screen image.Is there a way to prevent this from happening or to get it to show password entry without having to shut it down abruptly?I actually have a method that sometimes works, which is inserting a USB memory into the port, then it shows me a notification on the lock screen,

:)

Diego Q., Sep 19, 2022

2. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 19, 2022
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

1. Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password - Similar Threads - Lock screen bugs

2. Lock screen sometimes bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen sometimes bugs and only shows image without letting enter password: This sometimes happens when my computer wakes up from hibernation and I have to force a shutdown by holding the power off button which I don't like doing because I feel it damages the computer and also it's inconvenient cause I don't have my computer how I left it off. I...
  3. Lock screen sometimes bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen sometimes bugs and only shows image without letting enter password: This sometimes happens when my computer wakes up from hibernation and I have to force a shutdown by holding the power off button which I don't like doing because I feel it damages the computer and also it's inconvenient cause I don't have my computer how I left it off. I...
  4. Lock screen sometimes bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password: This happens when my computer wakes up from hibernation and I have to force a shutdown by holding the power off button which I don't like doing because I feel it damages the computer and also it's inconvenient cause I don't have my computer how I left it off. I could wait for...
  6. Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen bugs and only shows image without letting enter password: This happens when my computer wakes up from hibernation and I have to force a shutdown by holding the power off button which I don't like doing because I feel it damages the computer and also it's inconvenient cause I don't have my computer how I left it off. I could wait for...
  7. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image not showing on Lock Screen: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19044.1526, When the app sets a custom image for the lock screen it does not shows the image instead shows only colour.But if I manually set any picture or from the spotlight it shows perfectly.I am using Daily Desktop Wallpaper app from the...
  8. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not showing on Lock Screen: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19044.1526, When the app sets a custom image for the lock screen it does not shows the image instead shows only colour.But if I manually set any picture or from the spotlight it shows perfectly.I am using Daily Desktop Wallpaper app from the...
  9. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. BUG - Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight unlocks without even entering a password when auto...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BUG - Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight unlocks without even entering a password when auto...: Hello, This is a SERIOUS security issue with Windows 10, so I hope someone will take it seriously. I did not find any way of reporting a bug to Windows other than with the Feedback tool, which I don't use because I don't want to link my computer to a Windows account....