Windows 10: Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an issue when I try changing my lock screen. It is not new, I saw some people having the same problem, but nothing seems to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JustineBrown, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004

Hello everyone,

I have an issue when I try changing my lock screen. It is not new, I saw some people having the same problem, but nothing seems to work ? Basically when I try changing the picture for the lock screen, it is an infinite loading. Note that in the "choose your image part" where I already have some pictures, it works image 1. I doesnt work when I try uploading a new one image 2.

Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004 b57c37bb-6d33-4399-8d1f-a092f9d75a30?upload=true.png

Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004 c1fe4635-a2bb-4512-af0e-dd8d349dbe67?upload=true.png

Already did a scan and nothing is corrupted. Any idea how to fix this ? Thank you all for yout time !

:)

JustineBrown, Nov 21, 2020

2. Lock Screen cannot be changed (infinite load), Win10

After attempting to change the lock-screen to a slide-show or an image, it starts loading but it never ends. The only working images are the default ones.

• I tried several file formats (.png .jpg .jpeg .bmp .gif .webp) with various qualities, resolutions and file-sizes but none work.
    • I had several (4) accounts on my PC before this issue, lock-screen cannot be changed on any of them - one of the accounts had a custom lockscreen and it's still there and working. Attempting to change it will make an infinite load and the image cannot
      be changed back, must choose a default one (my main account). Any new accounts also have the issue.
    • My Windows version is '1709', according to 'winver'. Home version - just sayng that I cannot access the gpedit.
    • Just in case this information is useful, my computer did not upgrade from Win7 or Win8 (or Win8.1) to Win10, I bought this computer a year ago with Win10.

I tried:

• Command 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'.
    • Command 'chkdsk.exe /f /r'.
    • Removing 'settings.dat' in folder '\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings'.
    • Removing all entries from Registry Editor: 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen'.
    • Creating registry strings: 'LockAppAumId' (value: Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsDefaultLockScreen) & 'TileMigrated' (value: 1)
    • Removing 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData' folder
    • Disabling all apps on lock screen, also disabling the fun facts, tips and tricks.
    • Creating 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization' in Registry Editor (folder did not exist before), than creating 'LockScreenImage' string value (value (this is path to the lockscreen I want): C:\#REDIRECTORY\lockscreen.jpg).
      Later I also created a DWORD value called 'NoLockScreen' with value 0.

I found these potential solutions on various websites, none worked for me.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

NicoFilippo, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004

Lock screen on Windows 10 won't change

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have also been unable to change the lock screen. Followed the steps as suggested and the problem is still not fixed. Is there anything else that can be done?

Meridith L, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004

1. Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Lock Screen cannot

2. Infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite loading screen: The only thing I did was update my computer than after typing in my passcode to my computer I get stuck on a infinite loading screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infinite-loading-screen/fb5519d0-0372-4e0c-86a2-c4c0f44b9886
  3. Infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loading screen: The only thing I did was update my computer than after typing in my passcode to my computer I get stuck on a infinite loading screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infinite-loading-screen/fb5519d0-0372-4e0c-86a2-c4c0f44b9886
  4. Infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite loading screen: So I turned my pc off then turned it back on and not it’s a infinite loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infinite-loading-screen/f156ec8c-f3f9-4ed1-a3dc-c791342ef1dc
  5. Infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loading screen: So I turned my pc off then turned it back on and not it’s a infinite loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infinite-loading-screen/f156ec8c-f3f9-4ed1-a3dc-c791342ef1dc
  6. Infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 infinite loading screen: Hi, recently W10 didn't shut down properly - the monitor turned off but the PC and fans stayed on all night. I then held the power button down to shut it down, and since then Windows will not boot, it just shows the loading screen with the Windows logo and a spinning disc....
  8. Infinite Load Screen After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Load Screen After Hardware Change: Hi all i just added a ryzen 3600 to my msi b350 gaming plus as well as putting in some 2x8gb ddr4 3600 ram. The bios is recognizing all of the parts correctly but when i boot from my ssd where windows os is installed it gets stuck in an infinite bios splash screen. Any help...
  9. Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change: So i was thinking of changing my lock screen since i was board with my current then this happened [ATTACH] It just keeps loading and i don't know what to do... please help.....
  10. Windows 10 Infinite Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Infinite Loading Screen: When I boot up windows 10 it goes into a loading screen with a purple (my accent color) background and loads forever. This was completely random after a normal restart, it had worked fine up till now. I made a windows 10 installation disk to acess repair options. Tried...