Windows 10: Lock screen changes to default on startup

Discus and support Lock screen changes to default on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I've searched around for a solution for this bug but haven't found any luck yet. I set a picture as my lock screen over a year ago, and haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snowballdance, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Lock screen changes to default on startup

Hello! I've searched around for a solution for this bug but haven't found any luck yet.

I set a picture as my lock screen over a year ago, and haven't changed it since. A couple of weeks ago, the lock screen started changing to a default picture on start-up. It doesn't change in the settings, and if I lock my laptop the lock screen stays as my custom photo, so it's only after startup that it shows the default picture. Does anyone know a solution to this, or is it just a general bug? It's not particuarly a problem, it's just annoying! Thanks!

submitted by /u/snowballdance
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snowballdance, Oct 17, 2020

2. How to change startup lock screen?

Hi Nic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Lock screen image is same every time you login.

To change the image in the lock screen follow the steps:

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on personalize.
    • Select lock screen at the left pane.
    • Change the background option as picture from the drop down.
    • Then select the picture you want to save it as lock screen image from the default images or click on browse to select more images saved in your computer.
    Hope this information is helpful, Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 17, 2020
  3. trashbag Win User
    Can't change lock screen image upon startup

I can change the lock screen image from Settings > Lock Screen without any problems and when I lock the computer my intended lock screen image is the one I chose, but when I boot the computer up or sign out the lock screen image is always some default W10 image.

I'm using W10 Home with the latest updates. I have the background on the lock screen settings page as "picture".

I've read that there's actually two separate lock screens: a default/welcome lock screen and a user lock screen. I'm guessing the one on startup and after a sign out is the default/welcome lock screen, but I can't find how to change it.

trashbag, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock screen changes to default on startup

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen changes to default on startup

1. Lock screen changes to default on startup - Similar Threads - Lock screen changes

2. My lock screen background changes to default on login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen background changes to default on login: Hello. Please tell me how to make my login screen background not change to default?https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlOAji17B3dZhwEb5hQYzpXmIvnY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-screen-background-changes-to-default-on/c653aebf-d08d-4937-b9fe-99cb112399cf
  3. My lock screen background changes to default on login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lock screen background changes to default on login: Hello. Please tell me how to make my login screen background not change to default?https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlOAji17B3dZhwEb5hQYzpXmIvnY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-screen-background-changes-to-default-on/c653aebf-d08d-4937-b9fe-99cb112399cf
  4. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  5. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  6. Default Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Lock Screen: I am having trouble changing my lock screen. When I boot up my pc it is always the default lock screen, however when I lock my pc it shows up as the custom lock screen I selected. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so is there a solution? submitted by...
  7. Changing the Default Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Default Lock Screen Image: I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default: [img] Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:...
  8. Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup

Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup: The lock screen background image is not working properly on startup. I have the lock screen set to show the spotlight image. When it starts it uses the same image. If I click the Windows button and "L" to lock it it will show a spotlight image. my computer at work when I...
  9. Can't change lock screen image upon startup

Can't change lock screen image upon startup: I can change the lock screen image from Settings > Lock Screen without any problems and when I lock the computer my intended lock screen image is the one I chose, but when I boot the computer up or sign out the lock screen image is always some default W10 image. I'm using...
  10. Restore the Default Lock Screen

Restore the Default Lock Screen: Over the last couple of months I have seen in Windows 10 14393.xxx the User Lock Screen become the Default Lock Screen. I have not found any way to restore the Default Lock Screen to its default (sea cave) image. I have checked in...