Windows 10: Lock Screen Control

Discus and support Lock Screen Control in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I set a specific time of pc idleness (1 min., 2 min., 3 min., etc.) for the password lock screen to activate? 168057 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MourningStar, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Lock Screen Control

How can I set a specific time of pc idleness (1 min., 2 min., 3 min., etc.) for the password lock screen to activate?

:)

MourningStar, Nov 9, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen Control [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Lock Screen Control

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen Control

1. Lock Screen Control - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Control

2. Can't control Lock Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't control Lock Screen timeout: I've asked a similar question on this site before, but even with several good suggestions, I can't gain control of the Lock Screen timeout where PIN is requested. The process works, if my system is unused the lock screen comes on, but I cannot control how soon the Lock Screen...
  3. Can't control Lock Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't control Lock Screen timeout: I've asked a similar question on this site before, but even with several good suggestions, I can't gain control of the Lock Screen timeout where PIN is requested. The process works, if my system is unused the lock screen comes on, but I cannot control how soon the Lock Screen...
  4. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  5. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  6. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

7. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

8. Media Controls on the Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Controls on the Windows 10 Lock Screen: How do I activate the media controls on my Windows 10 Lock Screen? My Lock Screen allows play music normally, but it no longer shows these media controls, as it did before an important Windows 10 update I don't remember if it was after version 1703, 1709, ... or 1809. The...
  9. cannot control windows lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot control windows lock screen: My lock screen changes every couple of days without my intervention. If I go to the change lock screen setting it is greyed out and I cannot change it. How do I get control of my lock screen....
  10. control+alt+delete not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    control+alt+delete not working on lock screen: I recently ran autoruns and disabled some things from running at startup such as cloud storage, Bluetooth, Plex. I used filters and hid all Microsoft items. Now on the lockscreen Control+Alt+Delete do not do anything and I am locked out of my computer. I have not been...