Windows 10: Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

Discus and support Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm new here but i'm also on the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums too. Anyways, i got a new laptop and installed the Facebook app from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AtifAzim1995, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

Hey guys,

I'm new here but i'm also on the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums too.

Anyways, i got a new laptop and installed the Facebook app from the Windows Store and it asked me if i wanted to sync my Facebook profile picture and cover photo as the user photo and lock screen picture. I didn't mean to click yes as my cover photo at the time was a stupid one. I've tried uninstalling the Facebook app to make the lock screen picture go away and used the control panel to manually change back to Windows Spotlight. But it still does not change. Whenever i restart my laptop the stupid picture of Ainsley Harriot comes up before the logon screen, but when i lock my laptop it shows the Spotlight. It's weird. I'm new to Windows 10 so i'm unsure what the issue is here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Atif

:)

AtifAzim1995, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Microsoft appears to be sending high quality pictures to my PC.

There's no need to go to the registry. The feature is called Windows Spotlight and is just a fancy image rotator for the lock screen.

You can change what your lock screen does in Settings>personalization>lock screen. Change your lock screen from Windows Spotlight to your own picture or a slideshow of your own pictures.

The registry is the silly, dangerous method.

Entegy, Jan 31, 2016
  3. bbran Win User
    My lock screen, using Windows Spotlight, will not update the image without going to settings

My lock screen, using Windows Spotlight, will not update the image without going to settings, changing to picture and then back to spotlight. The settings window shows the updated image each day, but the lock screen itself does not update. Help!

bbran, Jan 31, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

Hi Atif,

Glad you are also joining the Ten Forums *Smile

Yes, I've noticed the old lock screen picture still shows up even though the Spotlight is selected and works for whenever the PC sleeps or is locked.

The way to change this is to go back to the Lock Screen settings and select Picture and change it to something other than the one you dislike. Then once the new picture is registered you can reselect Spotlight.

If one of the Spotlight pictures particularly appeals to you you can find it and then select it as a Picture by following the information in this tutorial:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

1. Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight. - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Does

2. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  3. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  4. Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight: Hi, Anyone else got the problem with the lock screen stuck on one image. I have tried changing it to Windows Spotlight, which is an option in the dropdown list, but then as soon as I navigate away from the Lock Screen settings page, it reverts to a lock screen picture, and...
  5. Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight: I have been getting the Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures, which are beautiful and interesting, until recently. In lock screen settings I have set it to Windows Spotlight, but I am not getting them anymore. What happened? How can I continue to get the lock screen...
  6. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. Since last week, my Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. I follow the instruction at https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reset-and-re-register-windows-spotlight-in-windows-10.9390/ but it does not work....
  7. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  8. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  9. Windows Spotlight/Lock screen

Windows Spotlight/Lock screen: Got two Win 10 Pro x64 systems in full time use, a laptop and a desktop. On the desktop the Lock screen is working as it should in default config - a new high def picture every few days, some of them quite beautiful. However on the laptop the picture never changes. I've...
  10. windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change: I have saved the batch file to another location and added the code you supplied above. Thanks again.