Windows 10: Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer

Discus and support Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So recently I have been having a glitch on the lock screen where whenever I try to move onto the login screen, pressing any key, dragging it down, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by wCho1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. wCho1 Win User

Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer

So recently I have been having a glitch on the lock screen where whenever I try to move onto the login screen, pressing any key, dragging it down, it just flicks back up. I am unable to log in or anything. I have contact Microsoft support but their answer was to basically just reset the computer. I am wondering if A. anyone else has/is having this issue and B. if anyone as a solution. I can't imagine that the only way to fix a lock screen glitch is to reset the pc.

I have a windows 10 dell Inspiron Desktop

:)

wCho1, Oct 5, 2019

2. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2019
  3. unable to access my lock screen settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are unable to access your lock screen settings and getting an error message.

I would like to know some information.

• Are you connected to a domain network?

If your computer is not connected to a Domain, I suggest you to try the suggestions from the thread below and check if it helps:

WINDOWS 10 - Notification Settings: some settings are managed by your organization

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer

1. Lock Screen Glitch: Unable to access Computer - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Glitch

2. Lock screen glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen glitch: Hi,Recently on my lock screen I see some lines which is a glitch.I have also tried switching wallpaper but it still remains the same. Also the lines keep changing when I am typing my password. This happens only on lock screen. Please check the attached image. I am using...
  3. Lock screen glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen glitch: Hi,Recently on my lock screen I see some lines which is a glitch.I have also tried switching wallpaper but it still remains the same. Also the lines keep changing when I am typing my password. This happens only on lock screen. Please check the attached image. I am using...
  4. Lock screen glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer screen glitches/blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer screen glitches/blue screen: my computer has a problem when being active and randomly will glitch it’s screen out and can’t do anything about it, only turn it off and turn back on. But sometime it takes 10-20 minutes turning on and off until the screen turns on, even when the screen doesn’t completely...
  6. Computer screen glitches/blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen glitches/blue screen: my computer has a problem when being active and randomly will glitch it’s screen out and can’t do anything about it, only turn it off and turn back on. But sometime it takes 10-20 minutes turning on and off until the screen turns on, even when the screen doesn’t completely...
  7. Windows 10 Lock screen glitches / Desktop glitches when leaving computer awake for more...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock screen glitches / Desktop glitches when leaving computer awake for more...: This is a purely visual glitch. The background and sometimes the actual application will be all glitched out . this is purely visual and as soon as move the mouse or do something it goes away. Sometimes i lock the screen and leave for a while then ill come back and move my...
  8. Lock Screen Glitch!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Glitch!: Hello, For two days now I have been experiencing a lock screen glitch of a different type. My lock screen background has become all glitchy and whenever i try to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE the screen goes dark and it returns back to the glitchy lockscreen. I am aware of the option...
  9. Lock Screen glitching occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen glitching occasionally: My lock screen has been glitching a few times in the past month. Sometimes when i press a key to go to the login screen, the screen goes black and resturns back to the lock screen after a few seconds. After trying again a few times, I force restarted it and it started...
  10. Computer/Graphics glitches on Screen???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer/Graphics glitches on Screen???: Alright, here is the wrap, I recently built my entire PC. It has been working fine for about a week. Now im having this really strange issue. Whenever Im in a game or any sort or anything, randomly the screen glitches. Now this is a weird glitch, its like space invaders all...