Windows 10: Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

Discus and support Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DallasHarrington1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have tried going through advanced power options -> Display -> Console Lock Display Off Timeout, But that last directory does not appear for me. The only option I have under Display is 'Turn display off after', and it just seems to reflect the logged in setting. I have also Searched everywhere in screen saver settings and I can not find anything that pertains to the lock screen.

:)

DallasHarrington1, Nov 20, 2020
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Screens Sleeping after 5 minutes?

Hello all. I am stuck. We have a user at my place of work who we upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After the upgrade she noticed that now if she is inactive for 5 minutes her screens will go to sleep. The problem with this is that when the screens sleep, the computer is locked. This forces her to log back in every time. Not MAJOR but rather annoying to say the least.

We have a group policy that says after 15 minutes of activity the screens should go to sleep. For everyone else including myself, this works. Most others as well as myself are also running Windows 10. We have checked to make sure she is getting the group policies and she most definitely is.

Other things I have tried:

Restoring defaults to the power options
    Checked the timeout settings in the registry, they were set at 900 seconds. (15 minutes)

Not sure what else to try. I am sure I am missing a couple of things I have tried.

satindemon4u, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

Laptop going to sleep/ screen locking after short period

Hi

Hopefully someone can help, I'm about to lose my mind with this.

My laptop screen sleeps or locks after just a minute or 2.

I have been into the Control Panel and changed all the settings regarding power options and sleeping so that they are all set to 30 minutes. However this still hasn't solved the issue.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jordan

JordanPrice1, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

1. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute - Similar Threads - Lock screen going

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  4. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  5. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  6. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  7. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  8. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  9. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  10. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...