Windows 10: Lock Screen Hang Bug

Discus and support Lock Screen Hang Bug in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated windows from 1803 to 1903 and since then the laptop hangs on the lock screen after opening the lid.This happens only when Low Power mode is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pratham Shanbhag, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Lock Screen Hang Bug

I updated windows from 1803 to 1903 and since then the laptop hangs on the lock screen after opening the lid.This happens only when Low Power mode is turned on (or) the battery is low. This has happened for the fourth time now, only after updating. I assume this issue is caused because they changed the way Sleep behaves (after the update).

In the latest scenario, I turned on the laptop, it was low on power so I closed the lid, connected the charger. Later when I needed the laptop (about 20 to 40min. later) -- I unplugged the laptop first then after a few minutes, opened its lid. It hung on the lock screen. I restart by long pressing the power button on the laptop.

This problem occurs only when low power mode is on / battery is low on power (or has drained when sleeping?) and

the laptop was plugged in during sleep and was left (undisturbed) for >=20 min.

Please help me solve this issue with my system.

Thank you.

:)

Pratham Shanbhag, Oct 4, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen Hang Bug [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Lock Screen Hang Bug

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Lock Screen Hang Bug

1. Lock Screen Hang Bug - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Hang

2. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  3. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  4. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Locks up and hangs at lock screen, what should I do?: So, I am trying to describe my problem as best I can: My lock screen background remains blue and doesn't actually switch to a wallpaper, This means that windows locks up before loading the lock screen. What can I do? TL;DR: My computer hangs before loading the lock screen...
  6. Lock screen bugged!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen bugged!: My lock screen only shows the WiFi icon, the ease of access icon and the power options. There is not users or password section. Windows was starting normally and showing no error codes by the way. This happed out of the blue so I don't really know what I did before that. I...
  7. Can't change lock screen background [bug]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen background [bug]: Hello, Two days ago I noticed that I can't change my lock screen background and it's stuck at this: [ATTACH] I tried on a different user account, I used System file checker, removed some keys in the registry, disabling services, and nothing helps. I don't want to reinstall...
  8. Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hanging after Lock Screen 30 min+: My computer works fine with no issues being for long periods of time, but when I lock my computer (WIN + L) if its locked for about 30 min or so everything freezes (the keyboard and mouse don't work) and I have to restart for it to work again. I've tried unplugging and...
  9. 1809 bug - Windows skipping lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1809 bug - Windows skipping lock screen: At least twice now since upgrading to 1809 Windows will skip the lock screen and go straight to the desktop. Both times it happened after the system was waking from sleep. It could be a major privacy issue for those that depend on the lock screen to protect sensitive...
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...