Windows 10: Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited

Discus and support Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Back in 2018, user Alan Mick asked why his lock screen wouldn't "stick" as his login screen even though he had selected the "Show lock screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael A. Breen, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited

Back in 2018, user Alan Mick asked why his lock screen wouldn't "stick" as his login screen even though he had selected the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" setting as "ON". Well, I have one possible explanation and if that thread hadn't been locked, I could answer the guy right there in case he never got an answer. I'll throw the link to the original question below. If the image you select is removed from the computer, Windows has no idea what image you're using, so when your profile is flushed out of memory after logging off, it reverts to one of the default photos that Microsoft has hard-wired into the system. Apparently Microsoft changed where it stores your personalization information and since they think they know better, they made it so that it no longer stores a copy of your chosen photo where it can find it. Microsoft assumes that you'll never remove photos from your computer why would you? Windows is the most secure operating system on the planet so all of your precious memories are completely safe there so now it just sets up a shortcut to your photo and stores that shortcut in the "all users" profile instead. But if that photo is gone, then that shortcut link is broken and voila! You get stuck with the Windows default image the cave at the ocean - which, if you're like me you're so sick of looking at that image that every time you see it you want to throw up. Anyway, for those of you who have chosen to use your own image as your lock screen image, make sure you never delete it from your computer. By all means, copy it off somewhere safe, but leave one copy where Windows can find it.

Here is the link to the original post. Hopefully Alan Mick got his answer or he will somehow see this and I hope it helps him, too.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-a438-4b8c-ac22-50ed19512fa8?tm=1595864480862

:)

Michael A. Breen, Jul 27, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 27, 2020
  3. twjames66 Win User
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen?

WIN 10 Pro 64Bit

Thank you,

James

twjames66, Jul 27, 2020
  4. joegti Win User

Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and there is just a blue background. I also noticed that I don't have the 'Show Lock Screen background picture on Login Screen option' as seen below. How can I fix this?
    Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited [​IMG]

joegti, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited

1. Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Image

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  4. Login screen has no background (but lock screen does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen has no background (but lock screen does): Hi, so my lock screen has a background (that I chose) but for some reason my login screen doesn't. I have made sure that the option in Winaero Tweaker to disable the login screen wallpaper is turned off, but for some reason it still doesn't work. What could I do? I'm running...
  5. lock screen images

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  6. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  7. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...
  8. Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen: When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and there is just a blue background. I also noticed that I don't have the 'Show Lock Screen background picture on Login Screen...
  9. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Hi again My HP notebook running the AU update... and so fr running well *Smile On occasions when I use the sleep mode and then open the lid to wake it I get a black screen with the clock/date on and a few icon, i.e wireless etc, nut missing the background image, when I...
  10. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425