Windows 10: Lock screen image is blurred

Discus and support Lock screen image is blurred in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CmmTch, Jun 17, 2019.

1. CmmTch Win User

Lock screen image is blurred

I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable.

The desktop is set to sign on automatically so the entire time the lock screen image is present it is nothing but a blur, on the laptop it does this after I press any key to bring up the logon box. This happens on both my computers and my wife's two laptops, one Home version and one Pro.

It's certainly not a deal breaker for the 1903 update, but this serves no useful function, and is an annoyance.

Is it just me and my systems, or do others see this too? And is there any fix/hack/work around I can do?

TIA for reading, and any for responses *Smile

:)

CmmTch, Jun 17, 2019

2. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Lock screen image is blurred

Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

Hi,

1903 Update introduces lock screen blurring when connecting to a Windows session. Problem I have is that prevents the user from appreciating the wallpaper I set specially for the lock screen as opening a Windows session can be quite long. I suggest there
    should be a setting that allow us to disable the blur.

Thanks for your time.

Shenmue is life, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen image is blurred

1. Lock screen image is blurred - Similar Threads - Lock screen image

2. lock screen images

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  3. Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.

Lock Screen Blurred when signing in.: This has happened since update of Windows 10 back in October 2019. I don't like it would like a clear picture. Can this be corrected ? I am sure I am not the only one that does not find it acceptable. Await an answer....
  4. Blurred Background Image at Log-in Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blurred Background Image at Log-in Screen: I have just updated to November 2019 v-1909' Since the update, I cannot correct a severely blurred Lock Screen image on the Log-in screen. I have tried changing the image, enabled and disabled several times, each with a cold Start. My name and avatar are fine - just the...
  5. Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro

Blurring of lock screen in Windows 10 Pro: Since a recent update (I am now at 10.0.18362), the background of the lock screen is blurred as soon as I press a key. I preferred the old way without blurring; is it possible to go back and if so, how? I didn't see anything under "Personalization"....
  6. Lock screen backgound photo blurred

Lock screen backgound photo blurred: Since installing 1903 my lock screen photos have all been displayed blurred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-backgound-photo-blurred/be7c4fe2-39f6-4aad-a74a-3d1b0cc9da41
  7. Lock screen picture blurs...

Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  8. Lock screen picture blurs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen picture blurs...: After one of the recent updates the picture on my lock screen blurs heavily once the sign in has been accepted and before the desktop appears. I dislike it; I like to see the picture I chose not a blurred mess. Can this behaviour be changed? 136768
  9. Blurred backgroung picture on my lock screen.

Blurred backgroung picture on my lock screen.: How do I remove the blurred background picture on my lock screen and make it clear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurred-backgroung-picture-on-my-lock-screen/d6ff1681-e560-4656-9d85-6a843dff845b
  10. Lock screen image is blurred

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen image is blurred: I've noticed an unwanted change on the lock screen since updating to 1903, this is on both my desktop (Home) and laptop (Pro) while the sign on box is up, the lock screen image is blurred to the point of being unrecognizable. The desktop is set to sign on automatically so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen picture blurred windows 10

2. windows 10 lock screen photo blurring

3. why is my sign in scree so blurry

4. windows 10 lock screen picture is blurry desktop is fine,
  5. windows 10 lock screen blurry,
  6. personal photo in lockscreen is blurry,
  7. lock screen images,
  8. why is my lockscreen wallpaper is blurred,
  9. blurred image on startup,
  10. windows lcokscreen image is blurry,
  11. lockscreen photo blurred,