Windows 10: Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

Discus and support Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joegti, Nov 2, 2018.

1. joegti Win User

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

When I lock my pc, the Lock Screen displays my custom image and the time/date etc. However when I press space to enter my PIN. The image disappears and there is just a blue background. I also noticed that I don't have the 'Show Lock Screen background picture on Login Screen option' as seen below. How can I fix this?
    Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen [​IMG]

:)

joegti, Nov 2, 2018

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 2, 2018
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 2, 2018
  4. Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen

1. Lock Screen image not showing on Login Screen - Similar Threads - Lock Screen image

2. OSK showing on lock-screen but not on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OSK showing on lock-screen but not on login screen: Hi,I'm suffering from a weird bug for a very long time on 3 different computers!7th gen I9 Asus desktop all-around light gaming, CADing, and streaming10th gen I7 HP Laptop for the studio, running Cubase, VST3 add-ons, and Audacity11th gen I7 Lenovo laptop for work, running...
  3. OSK showing on lock-screen but not on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OSK showing on lock-screen but not on login screen: Hi,I'm suffering from a weird bug for a very long time on 3 different computers!7th gen I9 Asus desktop all-around light gaming, CADing, and streaming10th gen I7 HP Laptop for the studio, running Cubase, VST3 add-ons, and Audacity11th gen I7 Lenovo laptop for work, running...
  4. Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.: Hello everyone. I have no idea when it happened, but I noticed that my lock screen after restarting is on default always. When I restart my laptop, I see my lock screen wallpaper, but it immediately changes back to default wallpaper with blue swirls smoothly. How can I fix...
  5. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image not showing on Lock Screen: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19044.1526, When the app sets a custom image for the lock screen it does not shows the image instead shows only colour.But if I manually set any picture or from the spotlight it shows perfectly.I am using Daily Desktop Wallpaper app from the...
  6. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not showing on Lock Screen: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19044.1526, When the app sets a custom image for the lock screen it does not shows the image instead shows only colour.But if I manually set any picture or from the spotlight it shows perfectly.I am using Daily Desktop Wallpaper app from the...
  7. Image not showing on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  9. Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited

Lock Screen Image Does Not Display as Login Screen Revisited: Back in 2018, user Alan Mick asked why his lock screen wouldn't "stick" as his login screen even though he had selected the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" setting as "ON". Well, I have one possible explanation and if that thread hadn't been...
  10. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lockscreen slideshow doesnt work