Windows 10: Lock screen image

Discus and support Lock screen image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi again My HP notebook running the AU update... and so fr running well *Smile On occasions when I use the sleep mode and then open the lid to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stuarttunstall, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Lock screen image

Hi again

My HP notebook running the AU update... and so fr running well *Smile

On occasions when I use the sleep mode and then open the lid to wake it I get a black screen with the clock/date on and a few icon, i.e wireless etc, nut missing the background image, when I hit a key it brings up the screen with the background image and the log-in box...

Any idea why the image does not show on the initial wake screen? it does not always do this, and if I shut down and power back on I get the image with the clock and a press of the key brings the log-in box...

Seem to do it sometimes when waking from sleep..

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Sep 8, 2016
  2. Samurai2k Win User

WINDOWS 10 LOCK SCREEN IMAGE from the internet option.

What is the file location of the Windows 10 lock screen image. The images that are delivered via the internet, which we can click like for on the lock screen.

Also when I see a lock screen image that I like. How do I make that LOCK SCREEN IMAGE my computer wallpaper / background image ?

Samurai2k, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Windows Background Display

Those are the default lock screen images that you can choose from. If the image that you're looking for isn't listed on the lock screen images, then click
    Browse, try searching for the image on your file library, and set it as your lock screen image.

Keep us posted.

Marque Lor, Sep 8, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Lock screen image

Go to Start/Search and type Power Options, press enter. On the left panel click on Choose What Power Buttons do. Click the link for Change Settings that are currently unavailable. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)

spunk, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Hi

Thanks for the reply

That sounds like the procedure I used on my old upgraded notebook when I had just a black screen and could do nothing unless I powered off..

This is just the image missing, the clock/date are there and it wakes up normal, just the initial wake screen is black with the clock, then when I hit a key the image and login box appear *Smile

stuarttunstall, Sep 9, 2016
  6. Just a thought... could this be because I have a password to log in on wake up?

I have just changed the lock screen from spotlight to picture to see what happens

stuarttunstall, Sep 9, 2016
  7. 4kids4me Win User
    What does changing these settings do with getting my windows spotlight to change images and get it working?

4kids4me, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lock screen image

1. Lock screen image - Similar Threads - Lock screen image

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  4. Suggested images on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggested images on Lock Screen: I really liked the suggested images of different landscapes that appeared on lock screen. Unfortunately when I answered the question of "do you like this image?" with positive response, the image has remained the same. What I liked about those images were diversity; each time...
  5. Suggested images on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggested images on Lock Screen: I really liked the suggested images of different landscapes that appeared on lock screen. Unfortunately when I answered the question of "do you like this image?" with positive response, the image has remained the same. What I liked about those images were diversity; each time...
  6. lock screen images

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  7. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  8. Lock screen image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image: Hi there I'm looking for information on a lock screen image, I was unable to take a print screen of it or photo of it but it's a derelict/ruin of a small building and it looks to be in a desert at night time, it is lit up with purple lights and the sky is a mix of purple and...
  9. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...
  10. Name of image on lock screen image

in Windows 10 Support
    Name of image on lock screen image: Why doesn't Windows provide the location of the spotlight lock screen image? I really wish they would. Any one else see an image and wonder the physical location of the image? 42812