Windows 10: Lock screen in Windows 11

Discus and support Lock screen in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi: I used to really enjoy the random beautiful landscapes that would appear when I booted up my Windows 10 machine. Then it upgraded to Windows 11 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Angus_Podgorney, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Lock screen in Windows 11

Hi: I used to really enjoy the random beautiful landscapes that would appear when I booted up my Windows 10 machine. Then it upgraded to Windows 11 and the lock screen pictures have been replaced with this deep blue swirly thing. Can I get my mountains and rivers and lakes and forests back? Thanks, John

:)

Angus_Podgorney, Jan 25, 2022

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Lock screen in Windows 11

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Lock screen in Windows 11

1. Lock screen in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. [FIXED] How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    [FIXED] How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...
  3. Why does my lock screen only show the stock blue image when I select "Windows spotlight"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my lock screen only show the stock blue image when I select "Windows spotlight"?: When I try to select Windows spotlight in personalization ==> Lock screen, it selects the blue swirl stock Windows 11 image and nothing else. I thought it might not have had enough time to download a new image, but it has been this way for days. I check my other machines...
  4. Why does my lock screen only show the stock blue image when I select "Windows spotlight"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my lock screen only show the stock blue image when I select "Windows spotlight"?: When I try to select Windows spotlight in personalization ==> Lock screen, it selects the blue swirl stock Windows 11 image and nothing else. I thought it might not have had enough time to download a new image, but it has been this way for days. I check my other machines...
  5. Why I can't get the weather to show on my lock-screen, I just don't know. What could be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't get the weather to show on my lock-screen, I just don't know. What could be...: I have already reset the weather app and set " choose one app to show detailed status" on the lock screen to the weather icon. Yet, it still does not show like it has in the past....
  6. Why I can't get the weather to show on my lock-screen, I just don't know. What could be...

Why I can't get the weather to show on my lock-screen, I just don't know. What could be...: I have already reset the weather app and set " choose one app to show detailed status" on the lock screen to the weather icon. Yet, it still does not show like it has in the past....
  7. Why I can't get the weather to show on my lock-screen, I just don't know. What could be...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...: I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old password on my Microsoft account to me My Gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Please help me...
  9. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...: I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old password on my Microsoft account to me My Gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Please help me...
  10. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade