Windows 10: Lock Screen interruption during active use

Discus and support Lock Screen interruption during active use in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Of all the many many persistent and unsolved Win10 problems actively driving customers to switch operating systems, is this the most distracting and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RussellDurling र-द, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Lock Screen interruption during active use

Of all the many many persistent and unsolved Win10 problems actively driving customers to switch operating systems, is this the most distracting and irritating? I can be typing, interacting with any application, watching a video, or playing a game, when my laptop goes to lockscreen requiring the password. This renders the operating system utterly infuriating, unreliable, and for many purposes frankly untrustworthy and useless. Having been a Windows customer since switching from Mac in 1995, the ever-increasing stockpile of Win10 issues is topped off with this final straw. This problem has been getting steadily worse for years. Regardless of settings which rightly are customisable to one's personal requirements, at no point ever should a computer return to lockscreen when being actively used, such as when typing. Forums across the internet show the ever-growing numbers seeking a meaningful solution to this nonsense and the most common solution offered is to disable the lockscreen. That is not a solution. I hope MS at some point will return to its historic ethos of caring for its domestic customers but for now, it shows no such intent. As I investigate which OS to migrate to, I hope MS begins providing solutions for their other customers. Windows used to seamlessly facilitate its customers, but now it is constantly in your face getting in the way, causing irritation and costing time.

:)

RussellDurling र-द, Jan 31, 2021

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Lock Screen interruption during active use

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen interruption during active use [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Lock Screen interruption during active use

1. Lock Screen interruption during active use - Similar Threads - Lock Screen interruption

2. During a windows install power was interrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During a windows install power was interrupted.: During a windows install power was interrupted. Can't get past the power failure error during installation or even pull up the BIOS menu to change boot menu. Is there anyway around this?...
  3. During a windows install power was interrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During a windows install power was interrupted.: During a windows install power was interrupted. Can't get past the power failure error during installation or even pull up the BIOS menu to change boot menu. Is there anyway around this?...
  4. During a windows install power was interrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen during normal use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen during normal use.: My computer is old so blue screens aren't that rare, one per 2 months roughly.I'm just checking to see if it's something that can be fixed by updating software.Here is the minidump and a picture of the blue screen:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9oJoV-t7G1SNsthlg?e=f0f6Gh...
  6. Blue screen during normal use.

Blue screen during normal use.: My computer is old so blue screens aren't that rare, one per 2 months roughly.I'm just checking to see if it's something that can be fixed by updating software.Here is the minidump and a picture of the blue screen:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9oJoV-t7G1SNsthlg?e=f0f6Gh...
  7. Blue screen during normal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen during normal use: Hey, my computer just encountered a bluescreen during normal use.Here is the minidump and images of the bluescreenhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9IuJAEJwd33VLjz9w?e=I9SYQCI'm updating my drivers now and that could fix it but I want to know if it's something else just in...
  8. Blue screen during normal use

Blue screen during normal use: Hey, my computer just encountered a bluescreen during normal use.Here is the minidump and images of the bluescreenhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9IuJAEJwd33VLjz9w?e=I9SYQCI'm updating my drivers now and that could fix it but I want to know if it's something else just in...
  9. Screen says "locking" during games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen says "locking" during games: When I was playing GTA and Rainbow Six Siege recently, the computer suddenly showed me a "locking" screen and it turned off my laptop. Is there a way to fix it? submitted by /u/rebornaxe01 [link] [comments]...
  10. Lock Screen During Games

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen During Games: My windows 10 will go to a lock screen during games. Specifically, iRacing when using the wheel as my input. I have even disabled the lock screen, but it does not seem to have helped. 47342