Windows 10: Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup

Discus and support Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The lock screen background image is not working properly on startup. I have the lock screen set to show the spotlight image. When it starts it uses the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mallen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. mallen Win User

Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup

The lock screen background image is not working properly on startup. I have the lock screen set to show the spotlight image. When it starts it uses the same image. If I click the Windows button and "L" to lock it it will show a spotlight image. my computer at work when I start up always shows a new image. How can I fix this? I have already done scans and deleted and replaced the images in the appdata/local/packages folder.

:)

mallen, Feb 17, 2017

2. Spotlight image not changing on startup screen

Since I did the last big update (took 30-40 minutes on my notebook) the spotlight-image is also missing at boot.

Thus I think Microsoft just disabled this feature and that's too bad.

Hopefully Microsoft will give us the possibility to decide how spotlight should proceed with the boot-up screen.

LouBen3010, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Spotlight image not changing on startup screen

Hi Lou,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your lock screen's spotlight image can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect configuration, an outdated PC, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What was the last
      cumulative, dynamic, or critical update that you've
      installed on your computer? Kindly provide a screenshot of your update history. To do so, just open
      Settings, then go to
      Update and Security. Click on
      Update history, and you will see the latest updates that were installed on your computer.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

The lock screen image is generated differently when a PC restarts or cold boots. For example, you don't see the various legends including 'Like what you see'. It is possible you will see a different image.

It is not at all easy to fix matters related to this.

Have a look at
    How to change default lock screen image in Windows 10 - Winaero

By comparison, you could see what happens if you create a new user for test purposes.

Images are stored here
    In File Explorer navigate to
    %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\assets \

Some registry entries
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen

dalchina, Feb 17, 2017
  5. mallen Win User
    Correct. It should be showing a new image each time I start the computer.

mallen, Feb 17, 2017
  6. mallen Win User
    Seems to be fixed. I thought it should change every time I restart. But its changing now. I created a second account. Then signed out and deleted that account.

mallen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup - Similar Threads - Lock screen changing

2. Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight: Whenever I turn on my laptop with Windows 11, I get a blank screen. The display is responsive. I have control over the cursor. There is no issue to log in. BUT The only issue is that when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen instead of the Microsoft Windows Spotlight...
  3. Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight: Whenever I turn on my laptop with Windows 11, I get a blank screen. The display is responsive. I have control over the cursor. There is no issue to log in. BUT The only issue is that when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen instead of the Microsoft Windows Spotlight...
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image: Dear Sir, I found some descriptive mistake in northern coast of Madagascar. Original text "This wide bay on the northern coast of Madagascar is a breeding ground for thousands of humpback whaleswho winter in the warmwaters of the Indian Ocean. The coral reefs, estuaries,...
  5. About saving lock screen image of spotlight

About saving lock screen image of spotlight: I like my windows 10 lock screen wallpaper very much. So.i want to save the background image of windows spotlight as image format. So how i do this...
  6. Lock screen spotlight but for own images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen spotlight but for own images: Hey guys, does anybody know if it is possible to have a daily rotation of lock screen images like the Windows spotlight but from a list I specify? Deadendthrills has an amazing black and white GTA IV images collection and I would love to have them on rotation if anybody is...
  7. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen: Hi all, I haven't posted here before, so hopefully it's not breaching etiquette to jump straight to the question! I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1903 (Build 18362.778) on a desktop computer. A while ago, I installed DisplayFusion to help support wallpaper rotation and...
  8. Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen

Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen: The Windows Spotlight and Slideshow features will not work in Windows 10. All group policies are set to allow these features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spotlight-image-and-slideshow-will-not/810e2f5d-c652-4d9c-9ecf-22925f2c2693
  9. Can't change lock screen image upon startup

Can't change lock screen image upon startup: I can change the lock screen image from Settings > Lock Screen without any problems and when I lock the computer my intended lock screen image is the one I chose, but when I boot the computer up or sign out the lock screen image is always some default W10 image. I'm using...
  10. Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Windows spotlight lock screen image location: Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can set it as my permanent lock...