Windows 10: Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down

Discus and support Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a custom lock screen selected from my Pictures folder. When I Lock Screen, no problem. However, if I Log Off or Shut Down, Windows resets it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GameThug, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down

I have a custom lock screen selected from my Pictures folder. When I Lock Screen, no problem.

However, if I Log Off or Shut Down, Windows resets it to the lake in a mountain valley image. If I then Lock Screen, it's back to what it should be. The Personalization Menu shops my selected option the whole time.

I can't figure it out.

submitted by /u/GameThug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GameThug, Apr 9, 2020

2. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 9, 2020
  3. js0873 Win User
    Changing the Default Lock Screen Image

I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default:

Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down [​IMG]

Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

and setting a LockScreenImage value, like this:

Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down [​IMG]

I did that but with varying results. I've seen cases where it chooses the image I specify, but in most other cases it's changing it to something different, but not the image I specified, nor still using the default one. So it partially works, making a change, but it's not using the one I'm specifying. Any ideas why it's choosing a different random image than what I'm specifying?

js0873, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down

1. Lock Screen Issue - Image changes to default when I logoff or shut down - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Issue

2. My lock screen background changes to default when I log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen background changes to default when I log in: Hello. Can you please tell me how to make the background of the login screen not change to the standard one? This only happens when you reboot or turn off fast startup, as in the video. On normal startup with quick launch, I can see my background. I have a Microsoft account,...
  3. My lock screen background changes to default when I log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lock screen background changes to default when I log in: Hello. Can you please tell me how to make the background of the login screen not change to the standard one? This only happens when you reboot or turn off fast startup, as in the video. On normal startup with quick launch, I can see my background. I have a Microsoft account,...
  4. image on shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image on shutting down: how to delete the image on screen when i shutdown laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-shutting-down/3b4e666e-cd13-4a90-aae2-01507997081b
  5. image on shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image on shutting down: how to delete the image on screen when i shutdown laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-shutting-down/3b4e666e-cd13-4a90-aae2-01507997081b
  6. image on shutting down

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down: My laptop using Windows 10 has suddenly encountered two problems: The screen will display "lock screen" for 1 or 2 seconds and shut down. This is seemingly random, as it doesn't appear associated with any particular website. The timing is also random, sometimes occurring...
  8. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  9. Changing the Default Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Default Lock Screen Image: I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default: [img] Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:...
  10. Issue when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue when I shut down.: Hi, I am facing an issue with my desktop, When i click on shut it down its not shutting down. the screen will be turn black but my desktop is still running. Please do suggest me on this. I am facing this issue from past 2 months....