Windows 10: Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly

Discus and support Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by bbog, Dec 13, 2019.

1. bbog Win User

Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken my pc from sleep, but, like I said, I wasn't pressing/touching anything and had just let it sit on the lock screen for a little while. After a few moments, the lock screen came back on, and the screen went to sleep as it does when I don't move/type anything for too long (though it had only been maybe a minute since I had woken up my computer). Nothing was typed on the password box, and I didn't notice my cursor moving or anything weird like that. Is this a known bug or something? I remember seeing something similar happening several months ago, once or twice, but since it stopped happening I just assumed it was a Windows error that was somehow fixed in an update. I've already scanned for virus/malware with different tools and didn't find anything suspicious, and have also scanned for disk errors. Has this happened to anyone?

:)

2. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly

Lock Screen Pin or Password

Pls tell me how to set a pin or password on my windows phone 10 lock screen?☺

KaloyanKostov, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly

1. Lock screen 'jumps' to password/PIN screen randomly - Similar Threads - Lock screen 'jumps'

2. Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen: Hi my cursor jumps randomly into the middle of the screen on my laptop. I have tried different mouses, different usb hubs, trackpad, even when not using, it still jumps to the center of the screen. And I don't know what to do. I even tried searching about the problem but...
  3. Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen: Hi my cursor jumps randomly into the middle of the screen on my laptop. I have tried different mouses, different usb hubs, trackpad, even when not using, it still jumps to the center of the screen. And I don't know what to do. I even tried searching about the problem but...
  4. Random lock screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random lock screens: Not a bsod, but my W10 intermittently locks (not log off) my screen during use. I would be doing anything from nothing to actively playing a game and the computer would lock the computer. This has been a problem for a while, and while it was more frequent in the past year, it...
  5. Changing from pin to password on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing from pin to password on lock screen: On my computer a desktop I am being forced to sign in with my pin. I have forgotten my pin and want to use my password to sign in. Also when I set up this post I accidentally used the wrong emale and now cant get any emails from that account as I dont have that emale. So how...
  6. Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in

Lock screen always jumps to password screen when signed in: I randomly got this issue after completely reinstalling Windows on my main laptop, as I didn't see anything similar on the rest of my devices before then. When I'm not signed in, the lock screen works just fine. But when I'm signed in, or when it signs myself in after a...
  7. cursor randomly jumps around screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor randomly jumps around screen: Hi. I am running Windows 10 subscription. I have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Over the last week or so my cursor started jumping around on my screen. At first it constantly seemed to jump to the left bottom corner. I thought it was the mouse and went through all sorts of...
  8. screen lock pin/password

screen lock pin/password: I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-pinpassword/2ccf2c9f-29d1-4697-9c40-ba0e2fd6e155
  9. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...
  10. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...