Windows 10: Lock screen keeps changing.

Discus and support Lock screen keeps changing. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Every so often when I log onto my PC I see that the lock screen background keeps changing. I originally set it to "Windows Spotlight" but it shows me... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RamaTonn, Oct 30, 2018.

1. RamaTonn Win User

Lock screen keeps changing.

Every so often when I log onto my PC I see that the lock screen background keeps changing. I originally set it to "Windows Spotlight" but it shows me pictures of artists from Groove Music.

:)

RamaTonn, Oct 30, 2018

2. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Lock screen keeps changing.

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Lock screen keeps changing.

1. Lock screen keeps changing. - Similar Threads - Lock screen keeps

2. CHANGE SCREEN LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGE SCREEN LOCK: CHANGE DEVICE LOCK SCREEN PASSCODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-lock/6a97922a-3c31-43d4-a6b1-dd86dc1296dd
  3. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  4. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  5. Lock screen not changing

6. Lock screen keeps changing itself back to Picture

Lock screen keeps changing itself back to Picture: I like Windows Spotlight and I'd like to keep using it, but since some days ago my lock screen has a completely black background (no image, I suppose), and the lock screen is set to Picture. When I change it to Windows Spotlight and come back, it changed itself to Picture...
  7. Lock Screen Changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lock Screen Changes: My screen saver keeps changing to my husband's screen saver and our computers are not synced. I'm not sure why this continues to happen but is there a solution? MV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-changes/ec89d74e-9162-44d3-90a3-d10b8701e829
  8. Lock Screen keeps changing

Lock Screen keeps changing: My lock screen has been showing random photos of strangers. Whenever I select one of my own photos it always changes to some randomized photo from the internet. It's currently on the "Photo" Settings, but isn't the changing picture lock screen thing only for Windows...
  9. Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?

Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?: I have the option for 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' enabled, but every time I get to the sign-in screen the only image that is ever displayed is the default 'beach from inside a cave' picture. My current settings are that it will choose images as...
  10. Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?: I have the option for 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' enabled, but every time I get to the sign-in screen the only image that is ever displayed is the default 'beach from inside a cave' picture. My current settings are that it will choose images as...