Windows 10: Lock screen keeps coming up, even though all settings turned off.

Discus and support Lock screen keeps coming up, even though all settings turned off. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After most recent windows 10 update, my computer will go to the lock screen after 15 min of inactivity. I have checked all power settings, screen saver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Gaudiuso, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Lock screen keeps coming up, even though all settings turned off.

After most recent windows 10 update, my computer will go to the lock screen after 15 min of inactivity. I have checked all power settings, screen saver settings and it set to never turn off when it is plugged in or on battery. Prior to the update, it was working as it should. Has this happened to anybody else? Any way to resolve this?

:)

John Gaudiuso, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Lock screen keeps coming up, even though all settings turned off.

Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen keeps coming up, even though all settings turned off.

1. Lock screen keeps coming up, even though all settings turned off. - Similar Threads - Lock screen keeps

2. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  3. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  4. When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different: Hello, I've just got a new HP Envy 13 laptop. I'm having an issue with the device going into standby when the screen turns off even though the settings are set to the following;Screen set to turn off after 1 minute when on battery and after 5 minutes when plugged in.Sleep set...
  5. When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When screen turns off, computer goes into standby even though settings are set different: Hello, I've just got a new HP Envy 13 laptop. I'm having an issue with the device going into standby when the screen turns off even though the settings are set to the following;Screen set to turn off after 1 minute when on battery and after 5 minutes when plugged in.Sleep set...
  6. Pop-up to turn Antivirus on, even though I check settings it's on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up to turn Antivirus on, even though I check settings it's on?: So I randomly had a pop-up on my PC by Windows Defender to turn my antivirus on, yet I go into the settings and it's on. I don't know if this is McAfee, but it's also on too as I checked. Did it maybe mess up and say it wasn't on?...
  7. Windows Hello Face still turns on even though I turned it off in settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face still turns on even though I turned it off in settings: I used Windows Hello Face for a bit, but I didn't really like it so I disabled it as a sign-in option in settings. However, when I try logging in, I still see my camera turn on and Windows Hello Face still tries to use my face to sign-in. I don't know how to fix this....
  8. Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doodja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gteeo0/is_there_any_way_to_turn_off_this_popup_it_keeps/
  9. Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off: Chrome is continuing to open up even though it is not the default page. It is preventing me from being able to drill down on webpages. It is almost like Chrome has highjacked my computer. Help. I can't get work done until I get this fixed....
  10. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen keeps coming up even when im doing something