Windows 10: Lock screen keeps screwing up and hanging - since 10 AnniversaryUpdate

Discus and support Lock screen keeps screwing up and hanging - since 10 AnniversaryUpdate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone else have Lock Screen issues now when waking their PC or returning to unlock a locked PC since installing the Windows 10 Anniversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexncfc, Aug 15, 2016.

1. alexncfc Win User

Lock screen keeps screwing up and hanging - since 10 AnniversaryUpdate

Does anyone else have Lock Screen issues now when waking their PC or returning to unlock a locked PC since installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? I never had these issues before but it usually just sits there with a spinning wheel, whilst also not showing the lock screen background.

When I check the Event Log, this error coincides with the problem:

Activation of application Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsDefaultLockScreen failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Any ideas?

:)

alexncfc, Aug 15, 2016

2. HTC Touch Pro - How to Lock/Unlock the screen

Mark's suggestion works well and if you are in a call you can lock the screen. Keep in mind that the even though the screen is locked that the keys are still active for hanging up the phone (or answering) if needed.

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Rockoloco Win User
    windows 10 update 1607 hangs

Windows 10 1607 update hangs during install, locks up in a Black screen with a circle, no peripherals attached

Rockoloco, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Lock screen keeps screwing up and hanging - since 10 AnniversaryUpdate - Similar Threads - Lock screen keeps

2. Pc keeps freezing / Hanging up / Blue Screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps freezing / Hanging up / Blue Screening: Hello , my pc that I've had for about 6 months has been freezing and getting blue screen's. This usually happens when I first boot into windows, or when I'm watching YouTube, listening to music , or just using a small program. I usually have to have one of my games open in...
  3. Lock screen keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen keeps popping up: I have tried many things to try to stop the lock screen from popping up constantly and have failed, I think it stated after the last windows 10 update. Please help....
  4. Reset and screen screwed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset and screen screwed up: I did a reset and this is what I have on my screen at start up and can't go any further. What do i need to do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-screen-screwed-up/0aa3e291-0bcb-4177-a05d-1c66c768ec88
  5. Lock Screen Hang Bug

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Hang Bug: I updated windows from 1803 to 1903 and since then the laptop hangs on the lock screen after opening the lid.This happens only when Low Power mode is turned on (or) the battery is low. This has happened for the fourth time now, only after updating. I assume this issue is...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up: So I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I can't log in now. The lock screen appears, I swipe up, then enter my password. It says "Welcome" but after the screen fades to black the lock screen comes back. Tried rebooting, but it's no use....
  7. Screen keeps locking up on windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking up on windows 10: I *HAD* a problem with Windows 10 it looks like the lock screen keeps popping up regardless if I set the timeout to never or not on my power options or in the lock screen settings. However, I have found a work around for the problem so I thought I would share with the...
  8. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...
  9. Screen Hang up

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Hang up: I use msn.com as my home page with a fav's bar. The past few days when I move from msn to a fav and after 5 min try to return to msn my screen freezes, something like it times out. How can I correct this ????? Thanks 66159
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...