Windows 10: Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading

Discus and support Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried to log onto my laptop today and have had difficulty being able to even reach the stage of logging in. My laptop has been fine since installing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EllaFogg, Nov 7, 2018.

1. EllaFogg Win User

Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading

I tried to log onto my laptop today and have had difficulty being able to even reach the stage of logging in. My laptop has been fine since installing it to the latest updates and I have never experienced a problem like this before. When turning my laptop on it turns on fine until it reaches the lockscreen where it will constantly refresh its self, when it does this the mouse and keyboard do work however I have tried pressing ctrl alt del and nothing happens. After a while of the page reloading its self it will bring up the signing in of which works fine and then the laptop has no problems after that. I cannot seem to think of anything which may have caused this and restarting the laptop doesn't do anything. When logged into my account I have no problems at all.

I have a Toshiba kira running on windows 10.

Please help,

Thanks

:)

EllaFogg, Nov 7, 2018

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 7, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading

Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading

1. Lock screen/login page keeps on re-loading - Similar Threads - Lock screen login

2. Windows 10 not loading to login page only black screen and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not loading to login page only black screen and mouse: Desktop Computer would start but once it should have gone to start up login page the screen would just go black, I managed to start in safe mode once and uninstall graphics driver but this did not fix my problem, upon restarting I still had the same issue, black page. I did a...
  3. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  4. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  5. Windows 10 landing page keeps reloading without login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 landing page keeps reloading without login screen: Hello, Situation: 1. Win 10 64 bit Home Edition loads and I get to the screen that shows time, day and month. 2. From here I do not get login screen. 3. Ctrl+Alt+Del or normal left click used to get to login page. But not anymore. Now the page with time, day and month...
  6. Login page keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login page keeps refreshing: Hi, I encountered this problem about a month ago and has happened every startup since. The login page continuously refreshes for about 2-3 mins and wont let me login. When it stops i can log in but recently found out that if i dont log in in time then it repeats the cycle...
  7. lock/login screen issue

lock/login screen issue: hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though... i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my computer. it always showed upon start/restart. all of a sudden--at first only from time to time, but recently, more frequent--a...
  8. Lock screen flashing while booting login page??

Lock screen flashing while booting login page??: Hai My windows 10 lockscreen had flashing at boot up login i troubleshoot but it will not be fixed Can you find attached file? How it can be solved??? 43990
  9. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot: win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each and every time I power up (I believe I know I can do away with the log in screen but I like it) and I am greeted by the same...
  10. Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading: Black screen on booting up. Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After that, a black screen(sometimes it will go away - 90% of the time, I have to force shutdown and hold down power button 30-60...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps reloading log in page

2. lock screen keeps reloading windows

3. login page keeps loading in aa a2019

4. login keeps reloading,
  5. windows 10 lock screen keeps reloading