Windows 10: Lock Screen Name

Discus and support Lock Screen Name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When the builder of my pc built it, they just programmed the pc to say GAMER when I login, and now I can't find a place to change it in the settings,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TRieglsaurusrex, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Lock Screen Name

When the builder of my pc built it, they just programmed the pc to say GAMER when I login, and now I can't find a place to change it in the settings, or in my Microsoft account settings. Any suggestions?

:)

TRieglsaurusrex, Feb 25, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen Name [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Lock Screen Name

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Lock Screen Name

1. Lock Screen Name - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Name

2. Changing lock screen name and adding password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing lock screen name and adding password: Hi there, my laptop has been away getting repaired and they have obviously set up some kind of account which they don't need to login to to allow them access for the repair. Now it comes up as the account on my lockscreen rather than my own account and doesn't have a password...
  3. Changing lock screen name and adding password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing lock screen name and adding password: Hi there, my laptop has been away getting repaired and they have obviously set up some kind of account which they don't need to login to to allow them access for the repair. Now it comes up as the account on my lockscreen rather than my own account and doesn't have a password...
  4. Lock screen name is stuck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen name is stuck.: Hi I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible. For the past month my boyfriend has been using my laptop for school like me, and ever since he started using it my lock screen name has shown up as his name. Sounds like an easy fix right? I logged him out of everything...
  5. Lock screen name is stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen name is stuck.: Hi I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible. For the past month my boyfriend has been using my laptop for school like me, and ever since he started using it my lock screen name has shown up as his name. Sounds like an easy fix right? I logged him out of everything...
  6. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.: On my Windows 10 Lock Screen prompt to sign in under my name is another name "Pnputjup" with its icon for signing in. I do not dare click on it and I do not know how or when it got there or what it is nor how to get rid of it. What is it??? How did it get onto my computer on...
  7. lock screen name is different then mine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen name is different then mine: when i log into my laptop its under my dads name and not mine, i never entered his name so i dont know why its his not minehow do i change it to mine...
  8. lock screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen name: my lockscreen name is coming up wrong....I went through the steps to correct it but it hasn't changed on the lock screen. everywhere else it seems fine...Anyone know what I might be missing? Thanks!...
  9. How to remove last name from lock screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove last name from lock screen?: So, the thing is that I want to change my user name on windows 10 lock screen. It is presently showing as "Sai Nikxith" and I want to change it as just "Sai" or just "Nikxith". I dont want my full name to be displayed on my lock screen. I tried to change it microsoft website...
  10. Name of image on lock screen image

in Windows 10 Support
    Name of image on lock screen image: Why doesn't Windows provide the location of the spotlight lock screen image? I really wish they would. Any one else see an image and wonder the physical location of the image? 42812