Windows 10: Lock screen no longer responsive to mouse input

Discus and support Lock screen no longer responsive to mouse input in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; About 3 weeks ago, all of the sudden on my domain, and all the machines within it, which are Windows 10 Professional have stopped being able to get to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ignacio Castillo, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Lock screen no longer responsive to mouse input

About 3 weeks ago, all of the sudden on my domain, and all the machines within it, which are Windows 10 Professional have stopped being able to get to the login prompt by clicking on the screen.

Previously, we could click anywhere on the locked screen, be able to see where the picture was taken, if they wanted to and then also trigger the ability to login, restart or shutdown. All the buttons and everything are still there, but you cannot interact with them, almost as if they were a background. The only way you can login is by pressing Control+Alt+Del and entering your password.

Has any one experiences this and also found a resolution to this so that I can set it and have all my users be able to function normally?

:)

Ignacio Castillo, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Startup photos no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on setting.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Enabling input indicator on lock screen and taskbar

Hi,

For you to enable the input indicator or language bar on lock screen and task bar, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Control Panel.
    • Look for Language, then click it to open.
    • On the left pane, click Advance settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, tick the option Use the desktop language bar when it's available.
    • Click Save to save the changes.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Lock screen no longer responsive to mouse input

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Lock screen no longer responsive to mouse input

1. Lock screen no longer responsive to mouse input - Similar Threads - Lock screen longer

2. Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.: I have been running windows 11. On boot up I now get only a black screen with a mouse cursor. Control-Alt-Del does not work. I can’t boot in safe mode. I have my windows 11 USB bot so far have not been able to get it to reinstall. Help!!...
  3. Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with mouse cursor. Nothing else responsive.: I have been running windows 11. On boot up I now get only a black screen with a mouse cursor. Control-Alt-Del does not work. I can’t boot in safe mode. I have my windows 11 USB bot so far have not been able to get it to reinstall. Help!!...
  4. Apps have no response on the mouse input once the apps is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps have no response on the mouse input once the apps is open: My PC is running on Window 11. I can use a mouse to active any App from the desktop screen. Once the app is opened, the apps opened does not response to any mouse input. For example, I use mouse to double click MS Word icon on the desktop screen and the MS word screen pops up...
  5. Apps have no response on the mouse input once the apps is open

Apps have no response on the mouse input once the apps is open: My PC is running on Window 11. I can use a mouse to active any App from the desktop screen. Once the app is opened, the apps opened does not response to any mouse input. For example, I use mouse to double click MS Word icon on the desktop screen and the MS word screen pops up...
  6. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  7. Slow response of mouse

Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  8. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. no response for mouse clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no response for mouse clicking: after install the new system. everything are not response for mouse clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-response-for-mouse-clicking/bae4c39b-bfbf-472f-9856-ef8ed712a697
  10. Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge: As the web becomes more interactive, web pages are becoming increasingly reliant on JavaScript for core functionality, such as input, rendering, layout, and composition. As more and more of this core functionality moves to the client side, it becomes imperative for browsers...