Windows 10: Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode

Discus and support Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I try to use my laptop after sleep mode, the lock screen does not appear. Sometimes I have to press ctrl + alt + del to get it work but sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OsayukiI, Oct 8, 2020.

1. OsayukiI Win User

Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode

When I try to use my laptop after sleep mode, the lock screen does not appear. Sometimes I have to press ctrl + alt + del to get it work but sometimes the screen does not appear so I have to force my laptop to shut down. This is very frustrating for me if I am in the middle of my work. Also my laptop is sometimes slow and applications freeze/do not respond.

I am using windows 10 and I have the acer travelmate laptop.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with these issues.

:)

OsayukiI, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Sleep mode and lock screen

I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks.

ElizabethJimenez2, Oct 8, 2020
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

1. Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Lock screen appearing

2. lock screen flickering in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen flickering in sleep mode: I have ASUS vivo book x16 windows 11 . everything is working fine but a small issue is whenever I kept my laptop in sleep mode then screen start flickering and never get turn off . It's like someone is pressing any key continuously. if anyone of you face this same issue,...
  3. lock screen flickering in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen flickering in sleep mode: I have ASUS vivo book x16 windows 11 . everything is working fine but a small issue is whenever I kept my laptop in sleep mode then screen start flickering and never get turn off . It's like someone is pressing any key continuously. if anyone of you face this same issue,...
  4. The lock screen does not appear if I turn off the password requirement after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The lock screen does not appear if I turn off the password requirement after sleep mode.: Hello. I'm wondering why I don't get a lock screen if I turn off the password requirement after sleep mode. The lock screen should not appear? That is how it should be? Does this feature turn off the lock screen?...
  5. The lock screen does not appear if I turn off the password requirement after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The lock screen does not appear if I turn off the password requirement after sleep mode.: Hello. I'm wondering why I don't get a lock screen if I turn off the password requirement after sleep mode. The lock screen should not appear? That is how it should be? Does this feature turn off the lock screen?...
  6. After sleep mode the BSOD appeared.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After sleep mode the BSOD appeared.: Hi! I had a problem earlier to my Windows 10 PC due to BSOD. Here is the whole story for the problem i had. First i turn my PC on, and then i maked it to sleep mode for 2 times since i will not use it yet and i was just making the Computer warmed up. Suddenly i woked it up...
  7. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  8. Sleep mode locks the screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  9. Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue: I am facing a problem of automatically my pc is going to Lock screen when I am not using my laptop for 1 minute After that I want to open my lock screen with password and I should continue my work this is very irritating and I cannot proceed my work speedily and I changed...
  10. Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode: Hi Microsoft, There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no longer unlock Windows despite correct password. I checked online and many mentioned it is a common Microsoft log-in bug, but I...