Windows 10: lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...

Discus and support lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again click sign in not working return lock screen window???... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mr. Satya DaDa, May 19, 2023.

1. lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...

lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again click sign in not working return lock screen window???

:)

Mr. Satya DaDa, May 19, 2023

2. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, May 19, 2023
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, May 19, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, May 19, 2023
Thema:

lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...

1. lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again... - Similar Threads - lock screen asking

2. Stop having to sign in again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop having to sign in again and again: I have tried to stop having to sign in all the time when working on Computer - I tried netplwiz and everything else, help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-having-to-sign-in-again-and-again/65ffb0f5-40f5-4f61-a7fa-3a18777a5a24
  3. lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...: lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again click sign in not working return lock screen window???...
  4. lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...

lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again...: lock screen not asking password only Microsoft account sign in but not sign in again again click sign in not working return lock screen window???...
  5. Asked to sign in again after sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asked to sign in again after sign in: Im using Microsoft account to PC even before I upgrade to Windows 11 now I have a weird issue that after asking for username and password it will load my profile then it will go back to sign in page again. It is a loop where I cant proceed to desktop. I tried to restart and...
  6. Asked to sign in again after sign in

Asked to sign in again after sign in: Im using Microsoft account to PC even before I upgrade to Windows 11 now I have a weird issue that after asking for username and password it will load my profile then it will go back to sign in page again. It is a loop where I cant proceed to desktop. I tried to restart and...
  7. sign in again and again in minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in again and again in minecraft: Hi i just wanted to know how to sign in once in minecraft education edition as i hv to sign in again and again and its irritating plz help if u can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-again-and-again-in-minecraft/26a5b651-cf54-4800-9557-0c8dc1f9038e
  8. SIGN IN AGAIN AND AGAIN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SIGN IN AGAIN AND AGAIN: EACH N EVERY TIME WHENEVER I TURNED OFF MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 10...N I RESTART IT....UT SIGNED ME OUT FROM EACH N EVERY ACCOUNT OF MINE...INCLUDING GMAIL ACCOUNT ON CHROME AND NETFLIX ACCOUNT... DONT WANT TO SIGN IN AGAIN N AGAIN AFTER EVERY RESTART... NEED HELP!!!...
  9. Microsoft family requires the child sign in again and again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family requires the child sign in again and again: Microsoft Family requires the child sign in again every single day otherwise - this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I receive a message on the child’s account. How many times should he sign-in?...
  10. Microsoft Account sign-in again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account sign-in again: In the settings I have an old email address I need to change the one on administrator (there is a screenshot attached). I want to remove that email address (under Administrator) because I already deleted that email on gmail months ago. I have a new email signed in on...