Windows 10: Lock screen not changing to custom image.

Discus and support Lock screen not changing to custom image. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by pokeguy1, Jun 29, 2022.

1. pokeguy1 Win User

Lock screen not changing to custom image.

I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it.

:)

pokeguy1, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Compumind Win User

Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

Lock screen not changing to custom image. [​IMG]

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Lock screen picture won't change

Hi Sher,

Something seems to be preventing you from customizing the lock screen. This may be due to recent changes on the system or some corrupted components. To guide you better in resolving the problem, please answer these questions:

• Did you install any programs or updates before you encountered this problem?
    • Are you able to change other Personalization items in
      Settings
      aside from Lock screen?
    • What suggestions have you looked into?

We recommend running the System File Checker tool to find missing or corrupted files on your computer. This tool will scan and fix system issues that may be leading to the difficulty you are facing when customizing your lock screen. Click

this link
    to learn about how you can use the suggested tool.

You can also use the Photos app to set a different lock screen image. Follow these steps:

• Using File Explorer, locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen.
    • Double-click on the image file to open it using the Photos app.
    • In case a different app is set to open your images by default, right-click on the image instead, choose
      Open with then select Photos.
    • Once you have the image open using the Photos app, click on the See more button (
      Lock screen not changing to custom image. aea2e55d-a9cb-482c-9aad-488e63be56a1.png
      ).
    • Choose Set as.
    • Select Set as lock screen.

Let us know if the suggestions allow you to change your lock screen image on the computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock screen not changing to custom image. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Lock screen not changing to custom image.

1. Lock screen not changing to custom image. - Similar Threads - Lock screen changing

2. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  3. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  4. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  5. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  6. Can't change the screen lock image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  7. Can't change the screen lock image

Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  8. Help finding custom lock screen image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help finding custom lock screen image: I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the file path to find a custom lock screen photo file?...
  9. Changing My Lock Screen Image

Changing My Lock Screen Image: Hello everyone! I'm trying to change my lock screen wallpaper but the image I want won't appear as an option. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-lock-screen-image/d5d7d8ab-c3a0-4942-b28f-d19f5f28f5dd
  10. Can't Change Lock Screen Image

Can't Change Lock Screen Image: I am trying to change the image on my Lock Screen but when I click on a replacement image the spinner just keeps going round and nothing happens. All was working well the last time I changed the image but that was weeks ago. Any thoughts please? I have also discovered that I...