Windows 10: Lock Screen Not Locking

Discus and support Lock Screen Not Locking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbzx12r, Aug 16, 2016.

1. dbzx12r Win User

Lock Screen Not Locking

Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no security. Also, when the screen times out it wont lock when a key is pressed to turn it back on, rather it just goes straight back into the desktop. I've looked through all the setting regarding the lock screen and sleep settings and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

-Cheers

:)

dbzx12r, Aug 16, 2016

2. E71 - Keyboard autolocks only on start screen

Hrmm Lock Screen Not Locking :)

But I expect "keyboard lock" to lock the keyboard. And if there is an exception to it being locked (like "only lock on standby screen") I would like the freedom to configure it. Else this keyboard lock is not a keyboard lock - it is a "standby screen lock".

Heinzharald.

heinzharald---01, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Raysim52 Win User
    Change User Profile picture in Lock Screen

I set a lock screen picture for my lock screen and my account picture is covering the most important part of the lock screen picture I set. Is there away to disable the account picture on the lock screen or move it from the center on screen?

Original title: Lock screen and Account pictures

Raysim52, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

Lock Screen Not Locking

1. Lock Screen Not Locking - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Locking

2. Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen: Everytime I change my lock screen background to spotlight images in the settings it changes itself back to picture. I am running windows 10 1809 build # 17763.437. I would appreciate any help, this is so frustrating. Thanks....
  3. lock screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lock screen: how do i disable the lock screen in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/0bfb49bb-4178-454f-859a-7f54723a2ece
  4. lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lock screen: Good afternoon. I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate.. We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down so I wanted an extra layer of security in hotels & accomodation when i do this as well...
  5. lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    lock screen: Good afternoon. I am currently using windows ten & on start up i used a pin to activate.. We are travelling for a while & i often just put my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down so I wanted an extra layer of security in hotels & accomodation when i do this as well...
  6. Lock Screen

Lock Screen: I selected a photo for the lock screen. It shows on the preview but does not appear on start up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/lock-screen/7affd400-ca83-4a07-8ca5-de87bc8480ef
  7. No Lock Screen

No Lock Screen: I've got a weird problem that I cant' seem to figure out. So when I lock my computer, it doesn't display a lock screen just goes straight to password screen. The windows spotlight image doesn't change although if i set the image manually this does work. I've checked group...
  8. lock screen

lock screen: Hi all just want to ask my lock screen well only do the windows spotlight and nothing else, I cant pick a background from any of my pic's 17473
  9. lock screen

lock screen: In personalization, under lock screen.....at the top to that I see a message in RED that says "Some settings are managed by your organization". I'm not part of any organization. [img] 72834
  10. screen locked

in Windows 10 Support
    screen locked: Now that the new upgrades have been installed, I have to log on every time my screen times out. Before the upgrades, if I walked away and came back, moving the mouse or touching a key would bring back the desktop. How can I get back to that status? (By the way, the automatic...