Windows 10: LOCK SCREEN NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

Discus and support LOCK SCREEN NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On 11-1-19 two updates were downloaded, 2019-10 Cumulative Update Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4522355) and 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THRASH9, Nov 6, 2019.

1. THRASH9 Win User

LOCK SCREEN NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

On 11-1-19 two updates were downloaded, 2019-10 Cumulative Update Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4522355) and 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 (KB4522741). Since that time I have been unable to use personal photos on the lock screen. No matter what type of photo I use via the Personalization option in Settings (jpeg, jpg, bmp, png) the lock screen will always revert to the Windows photos included as part of Win 10. Prior to these downloads, I had no problems at all. Any suggestions.

Thank You

:)

THRASH9, Nov 6, 2019

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Cortana on Lock screen not working

Hi Nishadha,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Step 2: Make sure that Cortana is enabled

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Step 3: Turn on Location

1. Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

2. On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

3. And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider

to on position.

To interact with Cortana on the Lock Screen, you simply need to say Hey Cortana and she’ll get ready. You can ask Cortana for various things while on the Lock Screen, like the forecast, latest news, and more.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 6, 2019
  4. LOCK SCREEN NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

LOCK SCREEN NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

1. LOCK SCREEN NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE - Similar Threads - LOCK SCREEN WORKING

2. After latest Windows Update OSK will disappear from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After latest Windows Update OSK will disappear from the lock screen: After doing a Windows Update yesterday the OSK won't stay on the lock screen.Before i updated the OSK was always visible on the lock screen even after it ask for my password, but now it disappear when I'm about to enter my password.Instead i have to use my keyboard and enter...
  3. After latest Windows Update OSK will disappear from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After latest Windows Update OSK will disappear from the lock screen: After doing a Windows Update yesterday the OSK won't stay on the lock screen.Before i updated the OSK was always visible on the lock screen even after it ask for my password, but now it disappear when I'm about to enter my password.Instead i have to use my keyboard and enter...
  4. java is not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java is not working after latest update: my java doesnot work after the last windows update... what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-is-not-working-after-latest-update/03bb7cfc-b509-43c7-a690-085246dbba91
  5. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  6. Print Screen - Not working after latest Windows 10 Update

Print Screen - Not working after latest Windows 10 Update: I installed the latest Windows 10 updates 2 days ago. Ever since the PrintScreen key F12 is not activating the print screen. I also have a designated program "Screen Recorder" installed on my desktop PC and it also does not activate the print screen. Please help....
  7. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  8. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  9. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  10. Touch screen doesnt work after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen doesnt work after latest update: Hi, What I have: Porsche Book One. Running: Win 10 Pro Version: 1803 Build: 17134.228 Problem 1: After latest update (1803) the touchscreen doesnt work anymore, like it is non-responsive whatsoever Problem 2: Touchpad doesnt turn off. There is a shortcut key to...