Windows 10: Lock screen not working properly

Discus and support Lock screen not working properly in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been struggling with a malfunctioning of the lockscreen for a few days. I tried to choose the single background / slideshow / windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Johnsix95, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Johnsix95 Win User

Lock screen not working properly

I have been struggling with a malfunctioning of the lockscreen for a few days.

I tried to choose the single background / slideshow / windows spotlight.
    Then I pressed the combination Win + L.

Everything I can see is just a single wallpaper WITHOUT TIME, DATE AND OTHER INFO. It is a blank screen only with wallpaper. It normally shows me the sing in screen when I click.

Spotlight and slideshow not working, too.
    It seems to be bringing the single lock screen background to the foreground and running the slide show in the background. When I click to enter the sign in screen I can see a quick glimpse that the slideshow is running but being set behind the background (without elements like time and date).

I've been looking for solutions on many sites, but nothing works.
    Choose single wallpaper, then slideshow not working.
    Changing settings in Personalization section not working.
    INSTALLED OCTOBER UPDATE YESTERDAY - lockscreen not working
    I did not find a solution in the Registry.
    It always works once after PC restart. Then does not work again if I lock my PC.

I know it is the LockApp.exe
    Is it possible to reinstall it?

I will be glad for every good advice!

Pictures

:)

Johnsix95, Jan 29, 2019

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Can't change my Windows 10 Lock Screen picture

Hi Susan,

One possible cause why Windows Spotlight is not working properly due to corrupted system files after last update. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by CDB_UK
    and VasiliyTerkin on this thread to troubleshoot
    your Lock Screen Spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Lock screen not working properly

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Lock screen not working properly

1. Lock screen not working properly - Similar Threads - Lock screen working

2. Screen extension not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen extension not working properly: Hi, My Dell XPS 9510, on Windows 11, never worked correctly with external monitors regarding screen extension. At the moment it doesn't work, even though I am forcing it. Somethimes it goes crazy and after that when I turn the PC solely the screen doesn't work, only when I...
  3. On-Screen Keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-Screen Keyboard not working properly: Hello. This question pertains to the Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard, NOT the on the screen touch keyboard for touch displays. Starting approximately a month ago, two different problems with the Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard started to occur. 1 The keyboard will...
  4. On-Screen Keyboard not working properly

On-Screen Keyboard not working properly: Hello. This question pertains to the Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard, NOT the on the screen touch keyboard for touch displays. Starting approximately a month ago, two different problems with the Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard started to occur. 1 The keyboard will...
  5. PERSONALIZATION - LOCK SCREEN - SLIDE SHOW not working properly

PERSONALIZATION - LOCK SCREEN - SLIDE SHOW not working properly: ISSUE: The slideshow feature within Personalize/Lock Screen will not load the picture folder from my desktop in Windows 11. Windows can see all the photos in the folder, but I get these error messages when I click on the folder to insert: "No items match your search" AND "The...
  6. PERSONALIZATION - LOCK SCREEN - SLIDE SHOW not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PERSONALIZATION - LOCK SCREEN - SLIDE SHOW not working properly: ISSUE: The slideshow feature within Personalize/Lock Screen will not load the picture folder from my desktop in Windows 11. Windows can see all the photos in the folder, but I get these error messages when I click on the folder to insert: "No items match your search" AND "The...
  7. Windows Lock Doesn't Work Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lock Doesn't Work Properly: I have a problem with my laptop. After cumulative update windows last week, my laptop can't lock. Press Windows + L doesn't work, Ctrl + alt + del there's no lock option too. And after sleep my laptop and turn on again, it doesn't lock. But, when it shut down and turn on...
  8. Windows Lock Doesn't Work Properly

Windows Lock Doesn't Work Properly: I have a problem with my laptop. After cumulative update windows last week, my laptop can't lock. Press Windows + L doesn't work, Ctrl + alt + del there's no lock option too. And after sleep my laptop and turn on again, it doesn't lock. But, when it shut down and turn on...
  9. screen not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen not working properly: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/the-display-does-not-light-up-properly-darker/6f67c3f2-c9a9-43ef-bc84-533678aa570esame problem as this one need solution please help. ASAP...
  10. Touch screen not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen not working properly: Hello, I have an HP Spectre Portfolio 13" 2 in 1 notebook. These past few months I've noticed the touch screen is not sensing touch input across the top inch of the screen and it gets progressively less responsive as the computer stays on. After an hour, I noticed it lost...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen not working properly