Windows 10: Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

Discus and support Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Posting my help request post here too since in my last post, I had someone help me. My lock screen doesn't work whenever I set my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Grayfield, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute XYPmnqNnl0X_plBA1oE0G953IPaXgPqXHxcwFKNppco.jpg

Posting my help request post here too since in my last post, I had someone help me.

My lock screen doesn't work whenever I set my screen timeout in the Settings to anything more than 1 minute. It's happened for about a month now or so, after an update I think. My original problem was, whenever I let my laptop go to Sleep when idle, it wouldn't start up again. So I just set the option for going to sleep as Never, since I liked the Slideshow option for the Lock Screen anyway. My settings are below,

https://preview.redd.it/ybd72rz7g8n...bp&s=447191a9842f3f7e62a012c6883e34115772667b

Whenever I set the "When plugged in, turn off after" to anything more than 1 minute, say like 2 or 5 mins, the laptop screen just goes dark. Sometime later, it goes to sleep, even though I have the the "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after" set to Never. Before this, the screen would dim and then go to the Slideshow in the Lock Screen and just stay there. Here's my Lock Screen settings,

https://preview.redd.it/481r4un8g8n...bp&s=16ef8cc56f2d9181d16a912a3306e9812c44dd29

https://preview.redd.it/5z8d8rf9g8n...bp&s=19c99d03d5040a2c6a286d4797225a495dbd6236

https://preview.redd.it/ss7wj8eag8n...bp&s=f83bd351da2b1865fc530c49442725c62d5d6fb7

I didn't change any settings in the Lock Screen before I had this problem, only changed the Slideshow album location. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks again in advance for those who'll help.

submitted by /u/Grayfield
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Grayfield, Mar 15, 2021

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 15, 2021
  4. dictum Win User

Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

How to set different values for screen timeout and screen lock?

I want to assign different values to screen timeout and to screen lock.

i.e. I want the screen to timeout after 10 minutes but activate the screen lock after 1 hour.

Right now I do not see an option to do so. You can only make it lock at the same time it timeouts, or not at all.

Maybe an app can do it?

dictum, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

1. Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute - Similar Threads - Lock Screen working

2. How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11, an ROG X13 running on AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS with 32gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU. I personally don't think those are relevant since I highly doubt it would interfere with my lock screen. But it has been asked before its...
  3. How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11, an ROG X13 running on AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS with 32gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU. I personally don't think those are relevant since I highly doubt it would interfere with my lock screen. But it has been asked before its...
  4. Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute: My new laptop has a problem with staying either on the main screen or app after less than a minute of inaction. The screen dims and goes back to the lock screen and I have to enter my pin number again. What's up with this?...
  5. Blue screen lasting more than 20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen lasting more than 20 minutes: I was using my PC and then i got a bluescreen, the stopcode is DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and what failed was nvlddmkm.sys, but not only is there is a blue screen, but my computer hasn’t booted back to windows and its been like this for than 30 minutes. can someone help...
  6. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  7. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  8. Screen lock or timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  9. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...
  10. Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute: I've been searching for quite some time, but I seem to want the exact opposite to most people. I want to have a way to set my screen timeout shorter than 1 minute. It seems like by default I can't actually make it shorter than that time. Does anyone know of a method? 86264

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 lock screen timeout not working