Windows 10: Lock Screen Not Working

Discus and support Lock Screen Not Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I hope someone can help me with this... so last week out off nowhere my lock screen option stopped working, I can not lock the screen using the keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seeking_Anita_Dick, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Lock Screen Not Working

I hope someone can help me with this... so last week out off nowhere my lock screen option stopped working, I can not lock the screen using the keys (windows + L or ctrl + alt + delete) nor do I have the option to do it on the sign in bar (or whatever that's called) I only get the "sign out", "switch user" and "change accounts settings" options. This is my work computer but I have administrator rights.

I google it and did the gpedi + Control Panel > Personalization "Do not display the lock screen" (I tried with both disable and enable) nothing happened. What I do now is that I put the laptop on sleep mode when I leave but when I come back and touch the power button it doesn't request a password which is a problem as I don't want anyone having access to my computer. I didn't do any updates before this happened although this week I did updated to Enterprise 1909, I thought maybe this would fix the issue but no.

I also tried to change the Power & Sleep option > "choose what closing the lid does" and in the shutdown settings I can not click the lock option. Oh and my windows key works fine, it wasn't before and honestly I don't know what I did but it works now...

submitted by /u/Seeking_Anita_Dick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Seeking_Anita_Dick, Nov 4, 2020

2. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Lock Screen Not Working

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Lock Screen Not Working [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Lock Screen Not Working

1. Lock Screen Not Working - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Working

2. Lock screen and spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen and spotlight not working: Hey all,For some reason, the lock screen/login screen on Windows is no longer "allowing" Windows Spotlight as the screen. It happened randomly about 2 months ago, and after a lot of searching, and following some instructions like deleting folders and running a powershell...
  3. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  4. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  5. Lock screen password not working

Lock screen password not working: I was watching a YouTube guide on how to remove the lock screen sign in screen but now my password doesn't work at all and I can't sign in and Itry resetting my password but it asks for some reset disc. I really don't understand and need help...
  6. Locks Screen slideshow not working

Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  7. slideshow on lock screen not working

slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  8. slideshow on lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  9. Lock screen not working properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not working properly: I have been struggling with a malfunctioning of the lockscreen for a few days. I tried to choose the single background / slideshow / windows spotlight. Then I pressed the combination Win + L. Everything I can see is just a single wallpaper WITHOUT TIME, DATE AND OTHER INFO....
  10. Lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen not working: Hey guys, My Windows 10 Lock screen is not working anymore..... *Sad Everytime i change the lock screen, it is loading but lock screen is not changing. My current lock screen is like this : [img] ^^ PLZZ HELP!! 26343